PDA

View Full Version : profilux co2 solenoid

sjp770
04/17/2008, 06:05 AM
Does the profilux control this or is it a standard solenoid for power outage protection?

If the profilux controls it how is it best setup and how does it connect to the controller?

AQD_ottawa
04/17/2008, 08:03 AM
Hi

Yes the profiLux will control any solenoid

Set your pH value to what you wish it to control, then plug the solenoid into a profiLux power socket and then set that socket to react to the pH value.

There is a step by step instructions to this set up in the manual.

Let me know if you need more help

sjp770
04/20/2008, 09:41 PM
Is there a link to a product image for this?

AQD_ottawa
04/21/2008, 05:32 AM
GHL do not make one for the 110V product market, but any solenoid for Co2 will work there are literally dozens of makes onthe market, you do not have to use one specifically made by GHL.

sjp770
04/22/2008, 11:35 PM
Sorry, I was interested in the 240v version. One of the OLS has it for sale with no image.

I just skimmed through the manual and i could not see how I setup the calcium reactor. Do I have the pH probe in the tank, effluent cup or both? I only have 1 probe at the moment but I have an old pinpoint pH meter, can I use it like this or will I need to buy an expansion card and a new pH probe? If it was in the manual, could you please reference the page number.

Thanks for your help.

Matthias Gross
04/23/2008, 12:10 AM
photo
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/113849Magnetventil_500x287.jpg

You can have the pH probe in the tank or the reactor, like you want.

AQD_ottawa
04/23/2008, 05:45 AM
For proper control of a calcium reactor the pH probe must be in the effluent and 100% saturation, normally fitted into the reactor is a probe gland, if not place the probe in the effluent cup.

The pH value in the profilux control software is set to your desired value, noramlly 6.5 and to react to rising pH the solenoid is then plugged into a power socket on the powwr bar and set to react to pH1

If you require a GHL 220V solenoid, please contact your retailer and they will special order it for you as they are not distribution stock items due to being 220V

Regards
Michael