PDA

View Full Version : lost fish re-appears

bayside795
04/17/2008, 08:00 AM
I have a 60 gallon FOWLR tank with a pseudochromis, lemon peel and a blue hippo tang. The blue hippo is around 3 inches. About 3 weeks ago he disappeared, I took the rock out moved it around trying to find what I thought was a dead fish. Could not find it, thought he might have jumped out and that was that.

Yesterday I am feeding the fish a low and behold he comes out. I was pleasantly suprised. He looked great! He does tend to hide alot between the rocks as I know that is their nature. How can I get him to show himself more often instead of hiding. Is there maybe another fish to add to the tank that will coax him to come out and be more friendly? He is a beautiful fish but can rarely enjoy him beacuse he is always behind a rock.

Thank you in advance for any help.

RayAllen
04/17/2008, 01:00 PM
It has a lot to do with the individual fish personality. When I had my blue tang it was out and about all the time in my old 210g. Another local reefer had one about the same size as your that hid all the time. Nothing you can really do about it, as long as its fat and healthy id be happy, because as you know they are extremely prone to ick.