PDA

View Full Version : Skimmer only bubbling not working?

Vapour1ze
04/17/2008, 02:06 PM
Ok, so when I first hooked it up it worked fine, like all the white foam swirling round in there, now I unplugged everything like the power went out as everyone tells me to test everything and everything worked great, so I plugged it back in, (while the power was out though I raised the water in my sump just 1 gallon,,,, but then when I plugged everything back in, my skimmer chamber is only like bubbling, like a bunch of just little bubbles, and big, NO MICRO WHITE FOAM or anything, that swirls, just like someone put a bubblewand in there, and it was WORKING perfect before... I took the pump out, pulled the impeller out everything looks fine.

Its been running for 12 hours now, theres no way its damaged, also

its a Aqua Medic TurboFlotor T1000

PLEASE HELP! I spent 200$ on this skimmer and now I have problems IT WAS WORKING GREAT!

TheMcs
04/17/2008, 02:12 PM
How old is the tank & skimmer?
You were a little unclear there, you had big bubbles in the chamber and now you have small bubbles, or vice versa?

AquaMedic makes great skimmers by the way, so I wouldn't worry about having a POS.

Vapour1ze
04/17/2008, 02:14 PM
Ok the skimmer is literally 12 hours old it was WORKING awesome, when I first hooked it up, it was like a swirling pool of nothing but very small white fine bubbles swiriling around in the chamber before creating foam etc, and now its just a tube of water with big bubbles coming out, not getting full of bubbles or swirling and no foam at all, just a clear chamber, my overflow is going directly to my skimmer, however I tried cutting it in half with the ball valve I have on it, and still nothing only worse, but it was working beofre I dont know what happened?

Vapour1ze
04/17/2008, 02:15 PM
Basically it foamed before, and now it doesnt at all.

stingythingy45
04/17/2008, 02:24 PM
Are you running it in freshwater or saltwater?

Vapour1ze
04/17/2008, 02:27 PM
lol salt.

TheMcs
04/17/2008, 02:30 PM
Sometimes skimmers require a break-in period. Though harmless, there will be some residue from the manufacturing process such as release agents, lubricants, etc.

Although you already said you valved back the input to the skimmer, it also sounds like the adjustment isn't right. Is it in the sump or hanging off the side?

rizzle
04/17/2008, 02:32 PM
i have the same skimmer... i just did a water change yesterday and i stopped producing bubbles.. all i did was take the ocean runner off and mess with the needlewheel and plugged it back in and it started working...
ya and dont worry this skimmer is awesome.. money def spent well

Vapour1ze
04/17/2008, 02:34 PM
i took it out and just took the shaft out and spun the needlewheel did u actually take it out >>>>

downhillbiker
04/17/2008, 02:41 PM
yeah definitely a problem with the needle wheel. sounds like you are getting the air quanity, but its not getting broken up enough? i would investigate the needle wheel. also i second the break in too. you may have to adjust over and over, until the break in is over, then you can adjust and let it run.

also these work better with higher salinity. make sure you are around 1.022-1.024.