PDA

View Full Version : Diamond goby=nocturnal?

stingythingy45
04/17/2008, 07:12 PM
I just added this fish the other day from my QT.
It's basically just digging behind a rock and only comes out at night.It wasn't doing that at the LFS.:confused:

DLANDINO
04/17/2008, 08:06 PM
My diamond is not nocturnal so to speak but is more visible when my lights are off. I see him most between the hrs of 8am and 1pm. At 1 my actinics turn on.

demonsp
04/17/2008, 08:10 PM
A new addition will hide for a few days as he adjusts. But i wonder ,is this your first fish added and how old is this tank ,and type and amount of substrate?

ROB2005
04/17/2008, 10:33 PM
Usually that Diamond Goby is a pretty timid fish. He usually will peek and slip out to have himself a look around, but will immediately dart back to his hole as soon as a fish swims nearby.

MrRoo
04/17/2008, 10:35 PM
Man my diamond goby is always out! He covers the hole to his cave a night and as soon as I turn the lights on he starts digging out and swims up to be fed :)

stingythingy45
04/18/2008, 05:56 AM
The tank has 100 lbs.(4") sand substrate.
It's also 9 months and he joined:
Mated pair of False Percs.
1 green chromis
1 yellow tail Damsel
1 Blue Damsel(not aggressive)
1 Coral beauty
1 Cleaner shrimp
1 Coral banded Shrimp
Peppermint shrimp
Emerald crab

He was out on the sand this morning.But stays very slose to the big hole he dug under a rock.

tmz
04/18/2008, 11:07 PM
My diamond gobies are very active but if it's new it will hide for a few days.

Lmecher
04/19/2008, 08:24 AM
My diamond goby was vety shy for the first week or so, darting out of sight when someone came close to the tank. Now 9 mths. later hes bold, he seems to stare me down as I approch. He dissapears into his tunnels about 1 hour before lights out and don't see him until early next morning. My guess is yours is too timid to search for food in the daylight and feels safe under the cover of darkness. Hang in there, he'll come around. Unless something in the tank is intimidating him.