PDA

View Full Version : Sting power...

DaveJ
04/18/2008, 05:41 PM
I'm considering some landscaping in my 90... mainly adding zoas and palys to the rockscape that house my corals to grow at will over the rocks. I am concern with encroachment of the corals however and don't want to end up having to prune, kalk paste or relocate these massive colonies.

Do you think that hammers and frogspawns will be able to easily hold them off once they start spreading? I run carbon 24/7 in this tank due to it being exclusively an LPS and zoa/paly tank so I think any chemical wars will be taken care of.

How about Acans and Blastos??

If someone has had this happen, please post your experience.

ianiwane
04/18/2008, 09:16 PM
Running carbon 24/7 probably is not a good thing for the zoas as they like dirty water, ie nutrients.

DetectiveTofu
04/18/2008, 11:51 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about the hammers and frogspawn not be being able to hold their own. When you factor in their sweeper tentacles and what a punch they can pack, they can keep a lot of corals at bay. I wouldn't worry about the acans or blastos be overgrown per se by zoas and palys. The zoas and palys may grow all around them, but grow over them - I don't think so. HTH