PDA

View Full Version : Profulix and AI storm sim

navyav8tr
04/19/2008, 05:12 AM
I know the Profilux is the "official controller" of the aqua illumination fixture now but was wondering is you can simulate the storm feature through the fixture or you have to still get the seperate light stick/pod. Thanks.

Matthias Gross
04/19/2008, 06:21 AM
we are working on this - AI planned to implement this feature
-> you don't need an extra stick

navyav8tr
04/19/2008, 07:31 AM
So what you are saying is the AI fixtures are ready to go it is just a software update for the Profilux?

Matthias Gross
04/19/2008, 07:45 AM
It will be an update on both sides
I don't know how far Chris from AI is - maybe you contact him directly.

Fishie Nut
04/19/2008, 04:32 PM
I spoke with Chris at the MAX show. He told me you can have TOTAL control of the AI lighting. Each module is 12". If you have a 72" tank and use four of them, you can dim them in sequence to simulate a cloud passing overhead. You don't need the simu stick. The AIs will do it all.

cclough_AI
04/19/2008, 05:32 PM
Hello -

The sequenced cloud cover is actually being discussed, though it is 'not' yet implemented. Using the ProfiLux and our light you can still do thunderstorm simulation as well as cloud cover, it just won't be sequenced across the tank.

-Chris

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12366880#post12366880 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Fishie Nut
I spoke with Chris at the MAX show. He told me you can have TOTAL control of the AI lighting. Each module is 12". If you have a 72" tank and use four of them, you can dim them in sequence to simulate a cloud passing overhead. You don't need the simu stick. The AIs will do it all.

navyav8tr
04/19/2008, 06:59 PM
Chris,
Have you guys thought about putting in a red led into your fixtures to simulate sunrise/sunset as well?

cclough_AI
04/19/2008, 08:06 PM
This will likely end up being something GHL will supply to use with the light. At this time, we won't be adding them to our fixture directly.

You can simulate sunrise/sunset by varying the intensity of the white/blue LEDs. You just won't have the red hue.

-Chris

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12367740#post12367740 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by navyav8tr
Chris,
Have you guys thought about putting in a red led into your fixtures to simulate sunrise/sunset as well?