PDA

View Full Version : Wheeler's Watchman Goby

suzimcmullen
04/19/2008, 03:40 PM
I ordered 2 of these fish yesterday from live aquaria. While I was cleaning the quarantine tank today and changing the water in it, I just thought about the fact that my quarantine tank doesn't have any sand in it. Should I buy a small bag just to make them more comfortable during quarantine? Will they be too stressed without it? I'm positive that there is no traces of old medicine in the water. Everything has been changed too many times, filters, and 5 gallons of fresh sw changes everyday for 6 weeks and it's only a 10 gallon tank. Besides of which the snails did fine in it for a couple of weeks until I moved them to the other tank.

I just started a new batch of brine fish and I should have these fish by Tuesday or Wed. I think.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how long this quarantine should be for and anything I should get them to eat? Or are they pretty easy to feed?

Suzi

suzimcmullen
04/19/2008, 04:12 PM
Has anyone kept this fish in quarantine?

uglyryder
04/19/2008, 04:31 PM
i thought i remember someone saying they didnt GT golbies due to them being very resistant to sickness and such..but i may be wrong im still very much a noob.

suzimcmullen
04/19/2008, 04:37 PM
The website that I bought it from say's they are highly resistent. But I'm more concerned about them carrying it into my tank that currently has 3 fish that are recently recovered from ich.

Unless I hear otherwise from some of the more experienced here, I think I'll just pick up some sand tomorrow or monday. It's not that expensive and if the fish end up getting sick while in QT, I'll be able to pitch the sand after treating them.

Suzi

uglyryder
04/19/2008, 05:12 PM
ive noticed from reading and MOE its better to be safe then sorry with this hobby