PDA

View Full Version : Coral group buy?

NCNBilly
04/21/2008, 03:40 PM
I get 10% off at this place, if we can get $400 in orders, it'll be 15% and no shipping.

http://www.yourreef.com/index.html

I'm thinking of the 10 SPS frag pack, which is a super deal since he only stocks nice pieces (may do 20 if we can get 15%)

Anyone interested? I got this deal through the DVRC, which I am a member, but I can't usually do their group buys of livestock due to driving.

sirgeez
04/22/2008, 06:31 PM
Thats something I would be interested in. Have you ever ordered from there before? The site is showing it was last updated over a month ago & looks very archaic.

NCNBilly
04/23/2008, 05:43 AM
I haven't personally ordered, however I know people that have. The frags have been very generous and the bagging/shipping is top notch and the freebies have been quite nice.

He's not much into teh internets, so his site isn't updated often and he doesn't jump on emails (usually gets back within 2 days) - he prefers you call if you have questions.

I just sold my ATV, so I've got a couple bucks that the with doesn't know about. :)

sirgeez
04/24/2008, 06:55 PM
I know I can get at least $100-150 worth. Anybody else???

NCNBilly
04/25/2008, 10:16 AM
I need to know shortly from anyone else so I don't miss out on another buy from Fraggle Reef - I can't afford to do both. the Fraggle reef is more expensive, but the frags are going to be all rare or LEs.

NCNBilly
04/28/2008, 07:55 AM
Ok, we're going ahead with Fraggle Reef instead. Let me know if anyone wants anything. I need to know by wednesday..

sirgeez
04/28/2008, 01:18 PM
I want to place an order. How do you want to go about doing it?

NCNBilly
04/28/2008, 08:18 PM
Send me what you want - we're still working out shipping/pickup. May not be until the 18th, so there's a bit of time yet. How much are you looking to spend? If we can get enough I can get it sent here.

sirgeez
04/28/2008, 09:37 PM
About $130-$150

NCNBilly
04/29/2008, 05:53 AM
Ok, we've got enough to get shipping up here for free. I can't believe no one else wants in on this. Fraggle Reef gets some amazing pieces, and the clams are really something.

sirgeez
04/29/2008, 03:51 PM
Just let me know when you guys will be placing the order. I will send you what I want then because a couple of the things I am looking at only have 1 in stock so they very easily could go out of stock

HoopsGuru
04/29/2008, 06:22 PM
Well, my tank isn't packed, but I'm only interested in trying SPS but found I have about 10-15 mg/l in nitrates so I'm afraid to even try. With the real estate market being crap, I'm afraid to spend money on anything...especially if I'll just watch the tissue recede off of it :)

NCNBilly
04/30/2008, 07:32 AM
Want some chaeto?

You can start off with some pretty much any montipora species, they are pretty tough.

Nitrates just means you need to do bigger/more frequent water changes. You can always give stuff to someone (me) to hold until you get the parms back in line. You also may want to check your test kit - 10-15 ppm is pretty high and your inverts would be stressed, so I doubt you really are at that point - and you'd likely have some major algae issues.

If you want, I can test your water after work some day.

HoopsGuru
04/30/2008, 07:46 PM
I have chaeto, not as much refugium room for it as I would like but that is another story.

I think my problem is my initial sand, it was a bit too large particle size and trapped a TON of debris. I've been siphoning some out each water change. I do a 40-50g weekly change so I think the problem is mostly due to the sand. I can tell when my existing monti caps show bad polyps extension and I'm pretty sure the issue is getting better. By the time you are pruning your new corals I should be ready ;)

I "calibrated" my test kit on both my source water and mixed saltwater and both read "0" :(

NCNBilly
05/01/2008, 05:24 AM
Do you have any nassarius in the sand? They love fish poo.

At 40g-50g a week with 0ppm nitrates, you shouldn't be having a problem, even with larger sand IMO. Very weird. Since you are changing out almost 25% of the water, you should be seeing a 25% reduction weekly. If not, you are still putting nitrates back in the tank - check your skimmer and do a headcount on your livestock - something isn't right.

I start to get worried if mine goes above 3-4ppm, usually means something is dead and I didn't see it.

NCNBilly
05/05/2008, 07:55 AM
Miguel just put another update on Fraggle Reef - lots of new stuff, looks like 10% off and free shipping. I don't think the other crew is ordering, so you and I have enough to qualify.

Let me know when you are ready!

NCNBilly
05/07/2008, 09:45 AM
Order number is 1953 if anyone wants in. You have until this weekend.

Delivery is wednesday 5/14 in Middletown.

Just go to the site, pick local delivery and add Ship with order 1953. Send me a PM so I know how many pieces to expect..