PDA

View Full Version : Gold Stripe Maroon + Tangs

spike78
04/22/2008, 04:58 PM
Hello everyone,

I have a 200Gal Bowfront that currently contains 0 fish due to an ich outbreak in January. (Everyone is in quarantine. :)) I currently have:

Sohal Tang
Yellow Tang
Hippo Tang
Red Sea Sailfin
9 Chromis

My question is this: I would like to add a single, or pair, of Gold Stripe Maroon clownfish to the tank. My understanding is that they can be quite territorial. Due to the more aggressive nature of my tank, do I count this out as a possibility? Has anyone been successful in keeping a maroon along with a stock list like mine? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

swisha
04/22/2008, 05:06 PM
I keep 2 GSM's with a Powder Brown Tang (A. Japonicus), Coral Beauty Pigmy Angel, and 3 Chromis. I've had the clowns for about 2 years now and yes, they are extremely territorial, especially with the chromis since they are approximately the same size. The mama GSM does not bother the larger fish but she will chase the chromis out if they intrude on her space with the anemone. All this in a 72G Bowfront. You should be fine in your 200. I would recommend that you get the GSM's when they're young though. HTH

swisha
04/22/2008, 05:09 PM
P.S. Once the GSM's are mature, god forbid you have to put your hand in the tank near their home, I've been bitten countless times and even drew blood once!!!