PDA

View Full Version : Fuge & Frag Tank Design for 500 gal system

Oldtimer
04/23/2008, 08:13 PM
I'm in the process of finalizing the design of my frag tank and fuge. I have a local company lined up to make these out of acrylic. They do very nice work - I currently have a fuge from them that I will be using as a mangrove fuge.

Quick System overview:

240 gal Display
35 gal Frag Tank
45 gal Fuge
35 gal Mangrove Fuge
100 gal Sump
65 gal Water change/Holding tank

A. The Frag Tank will be located on a shelf above the mangrove fuge.
B. The Fuge will be located on a shelf above the water change/holding tank.

"A" will be located adjacent to the display tank on one side and "B" will be located adjacent to the display tank on the other side. Water from the sump will be sent via the main pump (Red Dragon 8.2) and split to the following four locations...

1.) The display (~1000gph)
2.) <500 gph to the frag tank which will overflow into the mangrove fuge and back to the sump
3.) <300 gph to the fuge which will overflow into the display tank
4.) <200 gph to the water change/holding tank which will overflow into the sump

Please take a look at the following attachment and let me know what you think. I'm unsure if I'll go with the overflows as shown in the file or will go with a weir type overflow. I prefer it the way I've drawn it, but I don't want these things to be extremely loud. Everything will be located in a dedicated fish room, so noise should not be a big issue. However, I'd still like to keep it in check. The thickness is open to 3/8" or 1/2". I think I can get away with 3/8", but open to input.
I'm also sending this to my retailer for his input.

Thanks in advance.

Oldtimer
04/24/2008, 06:54 AM
Hmm, for some reason the attachment did not load the first time...