PDA

View Full Version : Looking to start.

tidioute06
04/24/2008, 06:58 AM
My wife finally gave me the ok to begin dabbling in SW projects. I'm looking to begin a small reef system. I wanted some expert opinions on this tank package. http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/prod/235581/i/4/product.web
Seems to have almost everything i'd need. I've been doing a lot of research. I'd just like you folks opinion on this setup.
thanks.

raen
04/24/2008, 07:02 AM
Depending on what you are going to keep in it, you may need different lighting. I am getting a 12 nano to start my stonies in soon, EXCITED!!! Welcome to the club of getting your wife on board! I had 15 years of begging to get my husband to let me "dive in" and now I catch him all of the time peeking into the tank! :) We are ready to finish our basement were we are going to have a 300 in the wall! What a difference!!!! Welcome!

eisaiasjr
04/24/2008, 07:25 AM
Hello:

I looked at your posted link, to be absolutely honest it seems like an expensive tank for whar you are getting, and personally I dont like the redseamax tanks, they feel kinda cheap in regards to the finish.

Before making a decision I would look at these 2 options:

- Current Solana, I have 2 of these and they are great, I could not recommend them enough!

- CADlights 39 signature: This is a great all in one unit with overbuilt components and it even has a UV steralizer!

Both of the units above have HQI, which is a must IMO or you will be limited as to the types of corals you can have.

Regards,

Estefano

El Camaron
04/24/2008, 07:37 AM
I like my 29 gallon BioCube and was definitly cheaper, but that tank does look like it has a lot built into it.