PDA

View Full Version : Fish room/ laundry room?

Waxxiemann
04/24/2008, 02:26 PM
Anyone ever have any problems having their fish room and laundry room share the same space? I have the perfect place for my next tank in my basement, but the sump and equipment would have to share with the laundry room.

Waxx

JNye
04/24/2008, 04:43 PM
thats my setup. My basement and launry room is divided by the staicase going down and the sump is under the stairs. It is perfect because I have the laundry tub, a floor drain, work bench, shelving, RO/DI plumbed in, concrete floor all in the room. A fish room with plumbing is the only way to go for me. Its great.

sabbath
04/24/2008, 04:52 PM
Make sure that the water from the washing machine. Going into your sink is not splashing at your stuff. Mine was, So I put a deflector in from of it.

Waxxiemann
04/25/2008, 07:10 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12403965#post12403965 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by poo-tang
thats my setup. My basement and launry room is divided by the staicase going down and the sump is under the stairs. It is perfect because I have the laundry tub, a floor drain, work bench, shelving, RO/DI plumbed in, concrete floor all in the room. A fish room with plumbing is the only way to go for me. Its great.

That's exactly the same deal for me, the drain, concrete floor, RO/DI, wash basin ect. are all in there.

Waxxiemann
04/25/2008, 07:11 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12404029#post12404029 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by sabbath
Make sure that the water from the washing machine. Going into your sink is not splashing at your stuff. Mine was, So I put a deflector in from of it.

Ok, good to know, thanks. I think I'll be alright in this respect. I was worried that there might be a problem with washing machine smells ect, getting into the water and causing problems.