PDA

View Full Version : Sixline wrasse

mtsuguy
04/24/2008, 09:32 PM
Ok so I just got a six line yesterday and put him directly into the dt, stupid maybe but my only option bc I had a few clowns going thru hypo in the qt. I noticed after I put the sixline in that my naso had ick so I went ahead and brought the salinity of the qt the rest of the way back from hypo 1.019 to 1.023 over the past 12 hours. I know thats a little quick but I dont want to lose this Naso, way to much $$$. My question is, in two or so weeks when the Naso is ready to go back into the dt with the wrasse start nipping? I've heard they are notorious for being teratorial to new fish. If so, what can I do to off set this a bit without destroying my tank to get the wrasse?

moflow
04/25/2008, 09:01 AM
55g is too small for a Naso - I think you will always have health and aggression issues. Sixlines can be quite mean so this will compound the problem.

LisaD
04/25/2008, 09:48 AM
I had a six line for many years, and it never bothered another fish. It was with an orchid dottyback, sailfin blenny, bicolor blenny, seahorses, leaf fish. I thought six lines only bothered other wrasses. I've never heard of one picking on a naso tang.

Agreed, a naso will quickly outgrow a 55. How big is your naso right now?

mtsuguy
04/25/2008, 02:43 PM
The Naso is only about 1-2". I've got a 150, I just live on the second floor of my appt complex so I cant set it up. I'm moving in 3 months so size shouldnt be an issue for that time frame. There are only 4 fish in the tank including the tang so its fairly empty. 2 clowns, the wrasse and the tang, wich is in qt at the moment. I might add a manderine in a few weeks, thats about it.

toaster77
04/25/2008, 04:07 PM
my sixline is pretty well-behaved except for at night. when one of my chromis gets near its sleep spot in the rock, it becomes real mean and shoos the chromis away. quite interesting and amusing to observe