PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Mac's Pacific East vs. Atlantis aquarium

sjj80
04/24/2008, 10:49 PM
Who has the healthiest corals??? I'm wanting to stock my tank with rare/LE sps, lps and zoos but can't decide who to buy from. I'll be purchasing about $200 - $250 and this will be the first corals I've ever bought so I want the healthiest specimens possible. Please help.

snorvich
04/25/2008, 04:17 AM
Do not start with expensive corals. Until you gain more experience that may be a waste of money. But, if you insist . . . Atlantis is excellent, Your Reef is excellent, Dr. Foster and Smith is excellent.

landlord
04/25/2008, 04:34 AM
Try a 9 for 99 frag pack or maybe 2 of them from Dr. Mac's You will not be dissappointed and since these are your first corals you can get 24 pieces for about 200 bucks when all is said and done.

I ordered multiple frag packs and many of the Collector Reserve stock and could not have been happier.

The Atlantis corals are beautiful and rarities seem to abound. You will be dropping a fat dollar to get them though.

Good Luck and Have Fun!

--landlord

mile sq. reefer
04/25/2008, 08:36 AM
If you must order them I'd go with one pack from each. Ive seen Dr. Macs quality first hand at their trade show booth and was impressed with size, quality and color.

wartskin
04/25/2008, 09:40 AM
I second mile sq. reefer's comment. Dr Mack is a great guy to deal with and the corals are top notch. I purchased a 2" Frag of Orange Montipora Capricornis that grew to about 14" in diameter before I had a DA attack and it died. The other three corals that I got from him were all just as healthy. But I have also purchased from Atlantis when I lived in SOCAL and the clams that I got from them were top notch as well.

pco1988
04/25/2008, 11:54 AM
Dr Macs all the way. I live 2 hours from him and the store is super clean, corals super healthy! I have never had a problem with his stuff and continue to shop there!

Also just as stated above, Dr Mac has great and affordable prices on his aquacultured frags.