PDA

View Full Version : 30000L reef tank (outdoor)

Reefsystem
04/25/2008, 06:23 PM
I am new to reef central but i have quit a lot of experiance with coral fraging and propagation, clownfish spwaning and i currently have a 500G reef tank (i know thats not what it says on my profile). I started doing clownfish breeding and coral propogation just to make cash to pay off the costs of my display reef tanks, it has also been very enjoying.
My coral propagation, and clownfish breeding opperation has gone so well that i have a lot of extra cash, to spend on my hobby. (I live in Sydney Australia, 10 minute drive from the ocean)

I want to make a 30000L (4m long, 3m wide, 2m height)
Reef Pool Outside in My backyard. (money is not a problem)

Does anyone have any suggestion about: Natural sunlight,
water changes, filteration, coral feeding, water circulation, Rainfall, water topping off, heating, cooling, and any other issues i have not stated?

When i start this Reef pool project i will post daily pictures of its construction on the large reef tank Forum.

lilchris
04/25/2008, 07:52 PM
check out this thread
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1095596

Reefsystem
04/26/2008, 01:12 AM
ye ive seen that thread but thanks anyway.
Anybody else have any suggestions

dascharisma
04/27/2008, 04:54 AM
What is your budget for this? I know that you said that money is not a concern, but money is always a factor. For instance, if you really had an unlimited budget, you might build a giant green house around the pool. That would help you tackle heating and cooling, as well as help manage salinity. So if something like that is in the budget, it would completely change the approach you would need to take. If you don't want to publicly indicate your budget, feel free to PM me.

Brad

lowbudget
05/03/2008, 02:01 AM
talk to this guy Steve1714