PDA

View Full Version : 6 Day old aquapod cracked! Help!

90sShooter
04/27/2008, 01:18 AM
HELP! I just bought me a 24g aquapod on sunday and today came home to a cracked glass and 20 gallons of water on the carpet... What happened?!?! Is this under warranty? Any suggestions? Going to call the shop that I bought it from tomorrow first thing to see what they will do about this. Also had a couple livestock in it.. now they are in a 10 gallon tank with the power head and live rock and a heater... will they survive? Please help this is not a good way to start the hobby!

Thanks in advance for all your help!

illybang
04/27/2008, 02:16 AM
what the heck?! i would seriously contact whoever you bought it from and complain because obviously, there was either a shipping mishap that left a small crack, or there was something wrong with the tank to begin with.

if they won't budge, give the manufacturer a shot.

that really really sucks though. hope that everything works out for you in the end.

how are the survivors looking so far?

Agu
04/27/2008, 10:13 AM
The survivors should be fine in the 10 gallon. Be sure to check parameters, esp ammonia, because the tank failure exposed the LR to air and may cause a cycle.

Good luck,

Brent F
04/27/2008, 11:13 AM
That sucks but better now than in a couple months when the tank is stocked.

Since the tank was only 6 days old and hadn't cycled yet there should be little difference between the 10 gallon and the aquapod in terms of water quality for the livestock.

90sShooter
04/27/2008, 11:33 AM
Survivors are looking ok... I'm gonna take them to a temporary home until we get a new tank up and running... They are all still alive though (shocking...)

Thanks for all your help.. I am going to contact the store today when they open... and the manufacturer tomorrow if they won't help me (which I am guessing is going to be the case... )

90sShooter
04/27/2008, 10:47 PM
Well good news! The guy I bought it from was really cool about it and exhanged it for me no questions asked.. He did ask me what I had it on, and I told him it was on a nightstand (heavy duty one at that) and he was pretty convinced that was the reason but warranty'd it any way. He even hooked me up with 15 gallons of water to get me back up and running...

Now we start again...

illybang
04/28/2008, 01:05 AM
sweet shooter! good to hear and let's hope that everything goes smoothly with the new setup!

Bri Guy
04/28/2008, 10:26 AM
Before you fill this one, make sure that the desk its on is flat, it doesn't have to be perfectly level, but it does have to be flat, otherwise it changes the shape of the tank, thus cracking it.

good luck, this time!

El Camaron
04/28/2008, 10:41 AM
that is good news man, take pictures.

90sShooter
04/28/2008, 12:23 PM
O I forgot to say that I ended up just buying the current-usa stand. This way if by some chance this should happen again, I am covered! And I took 30 minutes making the stand as level as possible... We should be fine this time... but the stand I had it on before is MUCH sturdier than their stand... but it must not have been FLAT... But I got the new tank up and running... thanks for your support guys!