PDA

View Full Version : need advice on water circulation

xhappyx
04/29/2008, 03:31 AM
in the past month i've upgraded from a 40g breeder to a aga 70g reef ready tank. i turned both 1" holes into drains and ran 2 3/4 inch lines for my return which is being pumped with a mag12. however i am running 6 powerheads. which is not the most visually pleaseing thing to look at. it goes as such. i'm running a seio 1100 and a maxijet with mod that's pushin about 1100gph. both are facing down and sit on the back glass. then i have 4 koralia 2's which are 600 gph each. 2 on each side of the sides of glass both facing the front glass on a angle.all 4 koralias are run off of an ocean pulse wave maker. basically all it does is turn the pump on and off every min or so. my tank is about 90% sps. and hopefully in the future will have 100% filled with sps. so my question is what pumps, what gph, and obviously controller as well would be effective and suffecient for my size tank. and where would u position them so that they are not ripping the flesh right off of the corals? if u have a tank with similar dimensions i would love to see a pic of what works for u. tank dimensions are 36x18x24 high. and sand storms are not an issue. i'm running bb. also keep in mind that my overflow box is in the center of the back glass. obviously i would like to have the most flow possible with minimal pumps, and minimal dead spots. i was looking at tunze. but wasn't sure which model would suit my setup. thanks for any advice that can be offered.
tom