PDA

View Full Version : Next upgrade help :)

ws6kid
04/29/2008, 09:57 PM
I have a 75 gallon Mega Flow aquarium that has been up and running with 80ish lbs of live rock, a few soft corals, and my 2 clowns and 6 line wrasse, bare bottom for 5 weeks now.

For filtration I run just a filter sock and the g-2 skimmer. I have about 1700 gph back to the tank. I have 2 250W 14k halides.

I really want to become a successful anemone owner.

What is the next best item to add to my system?

If you dont mind explaining the answers, I would love to know what and why so that I can take this to the next level.

pf1130
04/29/2008, 10:06 PM
I am a newbie, but others will undoubtely want to know about your lighting setup.

Electrobes
04/30/2008, 07:24 AM
Looks good so far but I'd perfer your tank mature a little bit before sticking anemones in there...

- You lighting is pretty good, though some may question the power of it. I personally think it's fine.

- Your water movement is good but is vague in description. What flow patterns are we talking here. do you have any other movement being provided by powerheads, closed loop, etc? Is the flow direct (Like a Maxijet) of spanned out like what a Vor-tech provides?

- What's the skimmer rated for (Take the manufacturer's quote and cut it in half I usually say). Remember what anemones feed on... which leads me to:

- Remember that you need to feed these guys. With their feeding habits comes added bio-load funk to the tank.

The fact that you are asking approval about your set up slightly hints that you may need to read more about anemones. In particular their habits (Walking, splitting) are something that needs to be regarded as their general living requirements are easy enough to find.

What type of anemones are you looking to try/get?