PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Tang with ?

fishog
04/30/2008, 12:57 PM
I have a Yellow Tang that I have had for about two month now it seems to be eating and acting fine . about two weeks ago it developed a small white spot on it's pectorial fin wich got to about the size of 1/8 " white little blob . I have had fish with Ich before but this dose not look like Ich to me . I have been treating the tank for four days with Kordons Ich attack but it dose not seem to be helping . Any one have any Ideas or suggestions I hate the Idea of trying to get the sucker out of the 55 gallon tank with all the rocks . Thanks for the help

robnuti
04/30/2008, 01:05 PM
Can you post a picture?

fishog
04/30/2008, 01:39 PM
I will try to get one but he is still active and when you get close to the tank hides

fishog
04/30/2008, 05:35 PM
The white blob is only on the end of the one fin . The rest of the fish looks fine and acts fine

robnuti
04/30/2008, 05:55 PM
It could be a fungus, or maybe a scar? I have a Goby that has a white dot on his tail fin and has always had it since we purchased him. Someone once told me it was a scar from ICH

Patrick12
04/30/2008, 06:05 PM
I know what PITB getting pics and posting them is, but a thread like this is just to dependent on a pic. Otherwise, everybody is just stabbing at things. It would be like giving a medical diagnosis over the phone.....just plain silly. From what you descibe though I think cryptocaryon irritans can be rulled out...but then again, need a pic to be more certain.

At any rate, hope you both pull thru.