PDA

View Full Version : controlers: which one?

dvavc
04/30/2008, 05:20 PM
Have anybody compared those two:
http://www.digitalaquatics.com/m_product_info.php?part_number=30-0011-001

http://www.biomatixsystems.com/

Or is it somthing else out there better and for less money? :confused:
Altimatly i want to have internet control over this thing and phone and/or e-mails alerts.

crumbletop
04/30/2008, 07:33 PM
The reefkeeper elite is not out yet, so it is not possible to compare it to anything. It looks like a nice system.

The biomatix system doesn't have much of a web site, and it requires a 1 year service agreement for monitoring at $20/month to add to the cost. The RK Elite will be $450 with no monitoring so that will be way cheaper. The Neptune Systems AquaController III Pro is less than the biomatix also. The biomatix may be vaporware because there are no photos of the system, and no actual website beyond a front page and a pdf.

SeanT
04/30/2008, 08:38 PM
Have you looked at the Profilux II yet/
It is SWEET!

60Cubed
04/30/2008, 08:49 PM
Have you looked at the Profilux II yet/
It is SWEET!

And pricey!

SeanT
04/30/2008, 08:53 PM
Nice add to the discussion. :thumbsup:

dvavc
04/30/2008, 11:35 PM
"Nice add to the discussion. :thumbsup: "
Sean, that was a good one:lolspin:
Ye, unfortunatly they all pricey, no kidding.
I'm also interested if any of those can acomadate all of third party probes avalable i.e. Calcium; dkh; etc.
Is Biomatix any better then RK Elite left allone the isue of one year contract, i.e. asuming you can get one for $899 without contract, v. $490 RK Elite? Will it do somthing usefull that Elite will not?

SeanT
04/30/2008, 11:38 PM
I wasn't just throwing the name out there...have you researched the Profilux II?
If not go to the GHL/Profilux forum here and check it out.
The thing is freaking amazing.

dmbaggie
05/30/2008, 08:51 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12444242#post12444242 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by crumbletop
The reefkeeper elite is not out yet, so it is not possible to compare it to anything. It looks like a nice system.

The biomatix system doesn't have much of a web site...

It looks like Biomatix put up their website with an online order form. I think I'd get it for the predictive technology and the fact that it's the only aquatic controller REALLY selling remote monitoring capability. Read a blog recently that a guy was using his iphone to control it...sounds perfect for me. Just need to ad a webcam feed to the controller software!