PDA

View Full Version : Help upgrading t5 bulbs

dlsmith21
05/01/2008, 04:28 AM
I have a 48" fixture that came with the stock bulbs. Since then I want to change them to a better selection. What bulbs can you recommend and what type? Thanks for the help !

Paul_PSU
05/01/2008, 04:34 AM
You might want to go to this thread with any T5 questions. There is tons of info and suggestions for T5 bulb selection here. It is a loooooong thread, something like 900 replies. You can go to the end and post you tank info (dimensions, volume, coral you intend to keep, etc...) and Grim will give you some great advice. It will depend on all that plus if you are looking for a pink, blue, purple or white look.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1340633

crumbletop
05/01/2008, 04:39 AM
It depends on the look you want. I want slightly blue. I recommend getting a bulb or two extra over what your fixture takes so you can experiment with the look. The extra bulbs end up being replacements when it's time to replace them next time so they won't be a waste of money. on my 90 I have a 6 bulb setup and run:

Actinic
Blue+
Aquablue
6500K (daylight)
Blue+
Actinic

I suggest getting an extra Aquablue and an extra Blue+ to be able to adjust the color to more white or more blue and eventually get a look that you are happy with.