PDA

View Full Version : tattoo studio 240g , 365g total vloume

tattooreef
05/01/2008, 01:54 PM
i am starting this thread for the new tank going into the wall at my new tattoo studio. It will be a glass cages 240 long ( 96x24x25) with a 125 underneath for the sump. it will be a very simple setup with a mag 24 return pump, split into two returns with penductors on each return, and a squid for wave making, so each return will get the full grunt of the pump off and on. there will be 2 heaters 1 battery backup and 2 icecap660 ballasts pushing a total of 8 4 ft vho's this will be predominately a softie tank with a few peices of cap. it will have a deep sand bed and the livestock plan thusfar consists of angels , angels, and oh yeah more angels. the backdrop story for the tank is that i have owned and operated my own tattoo studios for almost ten years now and have been in my current location for almost 8 of that, and have simply outgrown the place. i have always had 1 or 2 tanks in the studio, and since last year when i purchased my 11footer from glass cages i have want ed a big boy in the shop. now i have the opportunity so i am going for it. as i stated we have long outgrown our current studio, so for the last few months i have been doing major remodeling of a 2300 sq ft facility, in wich i have the perfect spot for a big tank, right behind the reception area.
as of this point i have demoed out half of that wall and constructed the stand wich sits at 55" tall so it can be seen easily from the whole studio. green board has been placed where regular drywall used to be to control moisture and the electric has been ran and installed under the stand dedicated for the system. i will post some pics of the progress thusfar in a day or so.
also the disply is due to arrive on may 9th so just right around the corner.

JimDantin
05/01/2008, 05:32 PM
Can't wait to see it!

Jflip2002
05/01/2008, 08:59 PM
That'll be cool. Gotta have a mandarin, and some other cool marked fish for the tattoo studio.

LiveRock27
05/01/2008, 09:17 PM
Sounds like a great setup. Looking forward to the pics.

kdblove_99
05/02/2008, 04:23 AM
No pics yet:)

tattooreef
05/02/2008, 11:13 AM
i just started this thread yesterday, so no , i havent had a chance to upload any pics yet. i am hoping to tonight. and as far as fish i am probably going to keep it to mainly angels. nice bright big colorful ones and maybe a couple smaller ones and possibly some dwarfs as well. i am going for color and movement since it will be on display where tons of people will see it everyday

kar93
05/02/2008, 11:15 AM
I dont think an tank full of angels will be good with softies.

tattooreef
05/02/2008, 11:18 AM
y would you say that kar93. most softies are pretty noxious and most fish angels included wont have much or anything to do with them. in the past the only corals i have had trouble with keeping with angels are sps.

kar93
05/02/2008, 11:20 AM
Angels are known to nip at softies. As I've found out myself in the past :(

tattooreef
05/02/2008, 11:29 AM
thats interesting i personaly have kept some angels in a mixed tank and the only thing they ever destroyed were my sps. i do agree that they may ocassionaly nip at them but most of the softies i am putting in are going to be pretty noxious, so i seriously doubt they will be to active at picking on them. i guess like i always say each tank is a different experiment and each fish is an individual, so you never know how anything will turn out

kar93
05/02/2008, 11:32 AM
It was one of my favs aswell but anyway look forward to seeing the pics:thumbsup:

tattooreef
05/02/2008, 11:33 AM
hopefully i will get the chance to upload some pics this evening

kdblove_99
05/08/2008, 01:11 AM
Dont see any yet:)

tattooreef
05/09/2008, 12:15 PM
i do have some i just need to download them and the put them on here i have been busy as all h#%% with thew build. i may just wait till tomorrow , because the tank is due to arrive today.

tattooreef
05/14/2008, 05:28 PM
and as promised here are some pics
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w307/christetrick77/8.jpg
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w307/christetrick77/7-1.jpg

tattooreef
05/14/2008, 05:49 PM
raw stand
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w307/christetrick77/rawstand.jpg

tattooreef
05/14/2008, 05:50 PM
with the wall cut out and stand in place
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w307/christetrick77/cutwall.jpg

sump ( 125g with baffles)
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w307/christetrick77/sump.jpg

with tank in place, i am 6 ft 3 for a size comparison
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w307/christetrick77/size.jpg

one side of the return line hidden in dead spots of the wall
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w307/christetrick77/return.jpg

from across the shop, while everything is still just in drywall
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w307/christetrick77/across.jpg

tattooreef
05/14/2008, 06:28 PM
just for general knowledge so we dont go through the same thing we did on my other thread, ther is a full layer or foam board underneath the tank on this one! lol. also just for general knowledge the stand is a full 54 inches tall, so it can be seen from every practicaly every inch of the shop wich is approx. 2300 sq ft. but the down side of that is that even i have to get on a ladder to get into the thing, and im a little over 6 ft 3

DIONE@AQUATICA
05/14/2008, 11:27 PM
That is frickin awesome, If you were close you would be inking me up quite often. Good luck with your tank and the business!

tattooreef
05/15/2008, 11:19 AM
thanks dione everything is coming together nicely on the shop and the tank. as far as the business goes i have been in operation for nyself for ten years and we have simply just outgrown our current location so the shop you see here is nearly 3 times our current size so i figured why not add a tank that is 3 times the size of the current one, wich is a 65 in wall veiwable from both sides so i figured 240 long was the appropriate tank for the new shop!

tattooreef
05/15/2008, 11:25 AM
on another note we finished adding sand in the sump and display last night, just over 10 inches deep in the sump and only about 2 to 3 inches in the display i went shaollow in the display so that you werent looking into a ton of sand at face level since the stand is 54 inches tall before the foam board , and figured a nice deep sand bed in the sump to make up for it. so in total we added close to 60 or 70 more pounds of sand in the sump after the above pics were posted. we also added quite a bit of base rock to the display last nite, and will be tarping the entire system off for a few days until the painters finish the room it is in this weekend, then its time to add water and live rock, if all goes to plan that will be monday

bjlorey
05/19/2008, 02:25 PM
So did you brace up the stand? We would not want a "CRACKED BOTTOM"!!!! LOL....hehehehehehe Just joking with you man.

kar93
05/19/2008, 02:33 PM
Looks good, Im bet that will be relaxing for the customers being tatooed. Im sure all you'll be getting soon is "I want that fish on my arm!" :D It may bring in business aswell, people come in to look at the tank and leave with a tatoo. ;)

LiveRock27
05/20/2008, 04:38 AM
Very impressed with all the work that you have done with the stand and the shop. I have started eyeing walls in the basement because I have always wanted a large Angel tank.

Bax
05/20/2008, 06:23 AM
Looks good! I am a big proponent of a reef in the workplace ... very Zen!

Unlike your business, none of my clients NEED to come to my office. But many do, just to see my reef! ... and maybe have a beer :)

tattooreef
05/20/2008, 07:16 PM
thanks guys i have had a small reef or two in my studio for about 6 or 7 years now i love it , yes very relaxing for customers and me! i just wanted to do a big one in the new shop. still not as big as the one at home . hahaha.

LiveRock27
05/21/2008, 04:59 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12580792#post12580792 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tattooreef
thanks guys i have had a small reef or two in my studio for about 6 or 7 years now i love it , yes very relaxing for customers and me! i just wanted to do a big one in the new shop. still not as big as the one at home . hahaha.
What is the size of the tank at your home? Any chances we can see some pics of that one too?

Bax
05/21/2008, 05:38 AM
LiveRock27

All the pics you want right here!

... and it's big!

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1065257

tattooreef
05/21/2008, 11:24 AM
thanks for adding the link bax

tattooreef
05/23/2008, 11:27 AM
well this is a sad day in my book to have to be posting this, we added all of the live rock last night and made a couple of adjustments to the bulkhead wich had a tiny drip coming from around it, and i guess whenn we did something didnt go as planned , and when i arrived there this morning to have the internet installed i was staring an empty tank in the face and looking at 240g of saltwater throughout the entire shop. the bottom had 5 splits from end to end. so to say i am a little down today. on a brighter note at least the new carpet hadnt been installed yet! lol. oh well. i am blaming it on bjlorey for posting what he did on the last page! lol

Bax
05/23/2008, 01:40 PM
Dude! What bummer!

Where the splits from the hole for the BH?

Ugh! That depressing!

tattooreef
05/23/2008, 02:52 PM
yes the splits start from the bulkhead and go out to each side from there. yes very depressing. and even worse it might delay the opening of the studio, i have to have the drywallers come back in and inspect for water damage and if there is any cut it out and replace it , then have the painters come back in and repaint those areas, so i am hoping thta the water isnt to bad on the drywall.

JimDantin
05/23/2008, 09:35 PM
Dude that is horrible! Sorry for your loss.

patmack
05/23/2008, 09:48 PM
What!! that sucks. What did GC say about it?

ReefingBuddha
05/24/2008, 02:19 AM
what a bummer man, and rebound plans?

Hope the damaged wasn't to significant. Best of luck getting it all sorted.

tbittner
05/24/2008, 04:47 AM
Did they temper the bottom after drilling? What is Glass Cages going to do about it?

cbui2
05/24/2008, 07:53 AM
omg sorry to hear about that. i had the same problem with my GC QT display. where the bulkhead was drilled about 6" below has starting to cracked a year later.

tbittner
05/24/2008, 09:19 AM
Ok, NOW I'm getting worried. I have a 360g GC tank coming on June 14th..........

It's industrial grade though, with 3/4" thick glass....

tattooreef
05/24/2008, 11:30 AM
tbittner no need to be worrie , GC did not drill the tank i had a local guy do it, as we did not know where we wanted the bulkhead located. it was in no way GC fault. i still have my 11 footer at home from them up and running flawlessly. and will have them either fix or replace the tank. that is my rebound plan , like i said i will either have them send me a replacement pane for the bottom predrilled or just completely buy a new tank from them. the damage was not so widespread that it was too bad some wet floors which thankfully did not have the new carpet down yet. just a few wet walls down low nothing a couple big fans wont dry out. and trust me i appreciate all of you guys concern for me. thank you all so much and as soon as i figure out what exactly is going on i will keep you posted

Bax
05/24/2008, 01:28 PM
Way to keep your chin up!

tattooreef
05/24/2008, 02:56 PM
thanks bax i am definitely trying to. just trying to figure out the next ouple of steps, wondering if there is a reasonable way to replace the bottom pane of glass or if its just time to buy a new one, but i got to figure it out quick so we can try to open the new store on time or at least close to it. and fliping out is not going to help anything, ya know. so if anyone knows of a thread on here about replacing a bottom sheet of glass please forward it to me. and trust me i went down there last nite to empty the tank out, and got a little discouraged, so i said f#@$ it and went home got a good nights rest and will hop back on it tonight. lol sometimes you just gota walk away and take a few deep breaths.

tattooreef
05/27/2008, 11:46 AM
well on an upnot i did speak with tom at GC today and i am going to have him make me a new tank, only thing is i am going to have him drill it this time, and also i am going to have a double bottom put into it, yes you read that right, two 1/2 inch bottom plates! to make up for the weight difference in the middle of the tank, considering that the hole and bulkhead are the weak point and the fact that there is approx. 240 lbs or rock lined in the center of the tank , as it is a tank that is veiwable from both sides. so i did use this as a learning experience and trust me lesson learned. lol

tbittner
05/27/2008, 08:04 PM
Thats really interesting! Is that stronger than one 1" piece of glass? Of course, if you drop a rock and crack the bottom, chances are better that it wouldn't leak with two pieces. I still wonder about two 1/2" pieces flexing under that weight where as I don't think a 1" piece would. :confused:

tattooreef
05/28/2008, 10:06 AM
we are using 2 1/2 inch peices to save time, as i am on a tight time line now to get the shop open and instead of building another tank with a thicker bottom, we are simply going to add another bottom to one that he already has built. trust me tom at GC has been awesome to deal with during this ordeal.

tbittner
05/28/2008, 12:28 PM
Thats great that GC is helping you out like this. That makes me feel better about the tank I'm getting from them.

tattooreef
06/06/2008, 05:39 PM
well it is official i am going to tennessee to pick up my new tank monday. i am looking forward to actually meeting tom face to face and actualy getting to see the facilty. i will post some new pics tuesday or so showing the double bottom and new tank in place.

Bax
06/06/2008, 08:30 PM
Nice!

tbittner
06/06/2008, 09:40 PM
Cool! I would love to see their facility too. But with the price of gas.... That would be a bunch of corals! :lol:

patmack
06/06/2008, 10:21 PM
That would be fun to tour their facility! but I agree with the price of gas. Please do post pics!!

tattooreef
06/07/2008, 11:34 AM
i will try to post pics if tom does not mind, so i definitely will ask him

tattooreef
06/10/2008, 01:24 PM
well i do have the tank and i must say that drive sucked lol. i must say tom is very nice in person. although i did not get to take a tour of the facility as i was hoping to, but from what i can say is wow we are talking tanks everywhere i definitely could have spent all day there if i would have got the tour! the place was cool from the moment you pull up seeing peacocks and ostriches and a ton of dogslol. tom truly is an animal lover! the tank is at its new home now with its new double bottom and already has the overflow in place and has the plumbing done . i do have some pics of the tank and its 2 bottoms i will put some pics on here tonight or tomorrow.

kdblove_99
06/11/2008, 12:05 AM
That has got to be one heavy bugger!

tattooreef
06/11/2008, 09:54 AM
yes it is heavy , that extra half inch botom added quite a bit of weight to the thing, but oh well, i wanted to ensure no more water on the floor

patmack
06/11/2008, 09:31 PM
That is sweet that you got it in its new home. That sucks that you didnt get a tour. Are you still going to be able to open your shop in time?

tattooreef
06/12/2008, 01:43 PM
i am hoping to be open on time wich is supposed to be this coming tuesday, although there are still a ton of small little details that need to be finished the only major thing is that i am waiting on my carpet to arrive supposed to be tomorrow i am hoping so. as long as that arrives on time we will be open. yeah i was kind of disappointed to not get the tour , but on the plus side i did get to get home get enough people together to take the broken one out of the wall and put the new one in. as i said it is already plumed up and had the overflow installed has the rock in, and about a quarter of the water in it, which hopefully after tonight it will be 3/4 of the way full, and if all goes well completely full and running tomorrow night.

tattooreef
06/17/2008, 02:33 PM
well just a quick update . we opened the shop today. i know i am slacking on the picture department , but its ok cause when i get the chance toput them on here there will be lots to look at. the tank is coming along nicely we have the display full with water that has mainly been pulled out of me and jeremys systems and we are hoping to have the sump full tonight and have the system running.

kar93
06/17/2008, 02:34 PM
Congrats! Hope all goes well, Will you be leaving the tank to cycle for a couple of weeks?

Bax
06/17/2008, 03:18 PM
That's great news!

Good luck with the new shop!

mm949
06/17/2008, 04:01 PM
sorry about your tank but that stand isnt even close to handle the weight of a tank that size.....all legs should be doubled up and dead on level

tattooreef
06/18/2008, 10:00 AM
the legs are doubled in a l shape formation wich is a lot stronger than just doubleing them up. trust me i have been doing this stuff for ten plus years , and i would not put all this money and time into something that wasnt stable enough. the pics of the stand were taken off of a cell phone, and dont really show all the detail. but i do appreciate the concern. the tank will be left to cycle for a short bit but it wont need to big of a cycle because we are pulling the water out of two very established tanks. so short of a small cycle for the sand and rock i should be ready to go on it very quickly

kar93
06/18/2008, 10:04 AM
So, you have a 11footer tank, your own tatto studio with a 240g in it. I gotta become a tatoo artist! :D

tattooreef
06/18/2008, 01:36 PM
lol. i have been doing this for 14 years and have an absolutely huge clientele . also about two and a half years ago i started my own custom chopper business . the 240 long is in the wall at the new studio, which is the nicest most state of the rt studio within id say 500 miles of here if not more. when i post some pics i will add some of the whole shop as well .

tbittner
06/18/2008, 08:22 PM
Great to hear that you got the tank, and have it in it's home safely. I'm anxious to see some pics! :)

tattooreef
07/09/2008, 02:22 PM
just a quick update the tank is running absolutely great, it now has its permanent lightinging , which is 4 4ft vho and 2 6ft vho i will be playing with diferent bulbs until i reach the look i want, i am going kinda low wattage on the tank just because the tank at home has 1700w of halide and full of sps, so this one is getting low wattage and predominately soft coral just to get the swaying effect since most of the general public is more impressed with the movement and not so much the technical stuff that most of us are into. i do have quite a few pics that i will try to post today, if i can find time, as the shop has been busy as hell since opening.

bjlorey
09/12/2008, 11:47 AM
Where are the pic's? I will not make any other comment about the tank. Remember what happened last time!?!

tattooreef
09/19/2008, 02:40 PM
hey b j keep your#@%& mouth shut im still blaming you for the last incident. lol i will try to post some updated pics asap. by the way for everyone that used to be a fan of reefermadness before kris wray left, i have great news he is back up and running as sting wray corals and getting the high end stuff he used to bring into there. if anyone is interested pm me and i will get you his email address

Bax
09/19/2008, 03:08 PM
Hey tatt!

A new fragger is always good news, but ...

Let's see some freak'n pics!

tattooreef
09/19/2008, 03:15 PM
i will get on it i give my word lol. and hes not so much a fragger but someone that will get in the big nice quality colonies that reefermadness used to , since he was the one that was doing it for them. im sure he can do frags as well as live rock fish inverts or whatever. seriously he is the guy to talk to for anything in this industry

tattooreef
10/09/2008, 12:45 AM
i am going to try my hardest to post some pics of the tank and the new studio tomorrow afternoon, or later this afternoon, what ever the right way to put it is, lol. i keep trying and everytime i try to one of my clients shows up , wich isnt a bad thing at all! and i am sure every one will enjoy what they see, the tank isnt fully stocked yet but on its way , and does look great so far, exactly what i had in my head since the beginning

savethereef
10/09/2008, 01:21 PM
wheres the pics?

tattooreef
10/09/2008, 06:27 PM
ok here we go sorry for the delay , just keep in mind that i am not a photographer.
store front
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w307/christetrick77/IMG_0559.jpg
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w307/christetrick77/IMG_0557.jpg
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w307/christetrick77/IMG_0560.jpg
seating area
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w307/christetrick77/IMG_0555.jpg
seating area's flatscreen
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w307/christetrick77/IMG_0529.jpg
front desk veiw of seating area
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w307/christetrick77/IMG_0530.jpg
wall of design racks ( around 15000 designs)
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w307/christetrick77/IMG_0556.jpg
some of the studio areas
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w307/christetrick77/IMG_0531.jpg
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w307/christetrick77/IMG_0532.jpg

tattooreef
10/09/2008, 06:30 PM
reception area
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w307/christetrick77/IMG_0552.jpg
the tank!
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w307/christetrick77/IMG_0534.jpg
front left
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w307/christetrick77/IMG_0544.jpg
front right
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w307/christetrick77/IMG_0543.jpg
front center
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w307/christetrick77/IMG_0545.jpg

tattooreef
10/09/2008, 06:32 PM
backside
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w307/christetrick77/IMG_0551.jpg
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w307/christetrick77/IMG_0548.jpg
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w307/christetrick77/IMG_0549.jpg
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w307/christetrick77/IMG_0546.jpg
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w307/christetrick77/IMG_0547.jpg
double 1/2 inch bottom with 1/2 inch ply
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w307/christetrick77/IMG_0550.jpg

tattooreef
10/09/2008, 06:35 PM
so far the inhabitants are several nepthias quite a bit of GSP that i am trying to get to cover the cylinder overflow in the center if the tank, a sailfin tang , a kleinn butterfly , a pearlscale butterfly , and a blue and yellow damsel.
i had a few maore things in there but lost a few during the blackouts we had in the midwest due to the crazy windstorms

tattooreef
10/09/2008, 06:38 PM
and im sure my employee matt will be happy to see i now have documented eveidence of him being lazy and lounging on the couch,( i know the leather is sooo comfy) lol.

mx36
10/09/2008, 07:24 PM
Great looking shop and tank, I really like the aquascaping.

13threefmaniac
10/09/2008, 07:31 PM
Nice shop you got there. I love tatt designs so i probably would be torn between your tank and your design rack if i walked into your shop. How long as the tank been setup for? I like the rockwork. Not too crowded.

tattooreef
10/09/2008, 07:41 PM
thanks guys , the tank has been running for about 3 months now , and i wanted to keep it somewhat open for quite a few big softies and also to be able to see through it into or out of my piercing room wich is the backside of the tank

Ed Reef
10/09/2008, 09:40 PM
Looks great - both the studio and tank :)

SteveM10
10/10/2008, 02:03 AM
Shop looks great, congrats!! The tank is a great touch. Having spent many hours in tattoos shops I can see where it would be nice to have that to look at.

Grouperhead
10/10/2008, 08:56 AM
Tank looks great as does your studio.

13threefmaniac
10/10/2008, 09:00 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13517520#post13517520 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tattooreef
thanks guys , the tank has been running for about 3 months now , and i wanted to keep it somewhat open for quite a few big softies and also to be able to see through it into or out of my piercing room wich is the backside of the tank

Whereabout in the States are you? Do RC people who have posted in your thread get a discount for Tattoos if they come to your shop??:D :D

Why no SPS? A few large colonies would look great in there IMO. Having said that i'm more of a softie person myself. The way they sway in the current is really hypnotic. Beats the polyps of those multicoloured twigs.

tattooreef
10/10/2008, 09:44 AM
sure 13 if you want to come in just let me know and i can give you the friend price!lol. and we are located in southern indiana, wich is just outside of louisville ky. great place to be especially if you are into horse racing. we decided to keep it on this side of the bridge to avoid all of the crap that goes along with the city scene. louisville is literally 5 minutes away from us ,like i said just across the bridge, so we are actually like a suburb of it. and no sps for the reason of wanting to get the movement of softies, and to keep the corals just noxious enough to keep the angels and butterflies from picking them to death. besides that i have an almost 11 ft long sps tank at home and wanted something diferent and easy to maintain at work

tattooreef
10/10/2008, 09:48 AM
and by the way thanks everyone for the kind words about the studio, i will post before pics of the building one day so you can see the amount of work that went inito the place, i pretty much had to rip the place down to bare studs and start from ground zero, wich was cool because i got exactly what i wanted out of the place, and to ensure it i did about 75% of the work myself. so it is truely nice to get so much positive feedback. we are currently building a nice detailed website for the shop and i will post a link here when we get it done and launched

murphysfish
10/10/2008, 09:52 AM
super cool, bikes, tattoos and fish they just got together

cvilla44
10/10/2008, 09:55 AM
shop looks great... tanks are great additions to any office nice going

Reefer Brian
10/10/2008, 10:39 AM
I like the shop set up greatly...oh yeah and the in wall setup as well. Your shop looks quite clean and fresh for a tat shop these days. I love the glass block.

tattooreef
10/10/2008, 11:39 AM
thanks, my whole goal with the new shop was to show people what a tattoo studio should be like , not one of these seedy little back alley places or one of these overglorified places you see on t.v. that have health code violations every five minutes, like smoking or tattooing barefoot or shirtless. the glassblock is soon to be backlit with red l.e.d also.

13threefmaniac
10/10/2008, 07:52 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13520273#post13520273 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tattooreef
sure 13 if you want to come in just let me know and i can give you the friend price!lol. and we are located in southern indiana, wich is just outside of louisville ky. great place to be especially if you are into horse racing. we decided to keep it on this side of the bridge to avoid all of the crap that goes along with the city scene. louisville is literally 5 minutes away from us ,like i said just across the bridge, so we are actually like a suburb of it. and no sps for the reason of wanting to get the movement of softies, and to keep the corals just noxious enough to keep the angels and butterflies from picking them to death. besides that i have an almost 11 ft long sps tank at home and wanted something diferent and easy to maintain at work

Cool, if i'm ever around that area, i'll be sure to drop by. I'm not from the States actually, but i have family in Wisconsin, NY, and Buffalo so i do visit quite often. I have been to a few tattoo shops and the majority of them seem very unwelcoming (not the people, just the shops) but yours has a real nice touch to it. Just out of curiosity, is the "Almost 11' Tank" thread yours? Started by Jeremy Blaze me thinks. Always wanted to ask why only 2' wide? Besides that, i love it.

p.s: I'm in the midst of designing a tattoo for myself. Actually, it has been a work in progress for almost 2 years now since i want it to be absolutely perfect. Maybe i can run it by you and get an expert opinion sometime.

tattooreef
10/11/2008, 10:02 AM
yeah 13 the 11 ft thread is mine as well, my close friend jeremy started it for me. and yeah if you want to run your design by me i will be glad to take a look at it for you , and if you are in the states a trip down to indiana would be worth the quality work that me and everyone else in my studio put out, at last count i think we have upwards of 70 plus awards total for our work

13threefmaniac
10/11/2008, 10:45 AM
Whoa... award winning work...and upwards of 70 at that!! Looks like i am going to have to drop by then. I'm a real art geek...well... not all art, just tatts ,comic book art (Magic cards, DnD) and Spawn action figures...i even got a mini portfolio of all my so called designs but i'm sure none of them are anywhere near award winning standard. Let me know when you get your site up and running.

rob1991
10/11/2008, 11:39 AM
wow now i know where im going to get my tattoos at lol

tattooreef
10/11/2008, 11:44 AM
all are welcoome to come in , and if you do ask for chris, thats me i am the owner and i will take care of any one referring to this add, and like i said i will post a link to the new website when we launch it, and 13 dont worry about it , as long as you give me a decent base drawing to work off of i can turn it in to something highend for you!

13threefmaniac
10/11/2008, 07:56 PM
Alright Chris, btw, my name is Chris also. I'll definitely pass you a few sketches to look at soon. As for now, i'm going to have to say bye to RC for a week as i'm off to India in a couple of hours. Goa...here i come!!!

ron69
10/11/2008, 10:13 PM
Wow! Nothing like any of the tat shops I have been in. and I have been in a few :) To bad your so far away :(

tattooreef
10/12/2008, 12:14 AM
thanks ron, like i said our quality would make it worth the trip for anyone, plus if it is someone off of here i would personaly take care of them amd do a good price for them. and trust me i have had and do have people coming from that far and further . i am truely blown away with the amount of response on here , once again thank you every one! it is much appreciated

ron69
10/12/2008, 12:42 AM
Well honestly--I'm happy with what I have--as long as I stay away from a tat shop lol. It's kinda like going to an lfs...it's hard to leave without buying something :)

But like I said, your shop is leaps and bounds over any of the shops I have been into.

tattooreef
10/12/2008, 03:30 PM
lol we are actualy holding our local reef clubs meeting at the shop next week, i am sure i am going to be bombarded with questions and will probably end up tattooing someone lol, as you are right ron its hard to walk out of either kind of place without something new!

tattooreef
10/13/2008, 10:09 PM
i just figured ou tthat i will be getting a few new pieces of large coral in this week , i will post pics as soon as i get them settled, by the way any one have any experience with butterflies and gargonians?

Ed Reef
10/13/2008, 10:15 PM
I have no experience with gargonians but from what I read, I think they will be dinner fro butterflies...

JimDantin
10/18/2008, 09:05 AM
Looking forward to seeing this in person with the LMAS group.

tattooreef
10/18/2008, 11:28 AM
looking forward to seeing all you guys as well

tattooreef
01/17/2009, 05:31 PM
it has been a loooong time since i have updated this , but i will do a quick one , no new corals in the system , and o new fish , just letting the tank mature a bit , that and i have been busy as h&!! . i am adding a couple of 175w halides to the tank just for shimmer, and then i will be adding some more softies , if i can find more that i like , although i am thinking about adding some lps after the halides are on , such as frogspawn and hammer , oh , and i did ad an aqua c pro skimmer , nothing big , just the hang on kind.