PDA

View Full Version : Red bubble algie can't get rid of it

Ronny#66
05/01/2008, 02:38 PM
I baught two Emerald crabs never see them touch this stuff. They pick at everything else constantly. How do you get rid of stuff. with out tearing tank apart.

taillonjohn
05/01/2008, 02:57 PM
whoa.... RED bubble algae, who knew? I wonder how many colors they come in? anyway, if its like my green bubble algae, there is nothing you can do except manaul removal. Its a real PITA, but its pretty much the only definate way that I know of...

liberpete
05/01/2008, 03:15 PM
My fox face eat all of mine.

Flavum
05/01/2008, 03:17 PM
AHHH I hate that red bubble algea. I took care of a tank that had a terrible problem wiht it. Thered bubble algea that was in there had like a slime coat on it and to be honest we took the rock out on 2 or 3 occasions and took a scrubber to it but it would always come back. if its isoalted to a rock or 2 I would just throw it out on the lawn :)

as for the emeralds I too have never seen htem touch bubble algea

hope this helps somehow...

reefergeorge
05/01/2008, 03:27 PM
Get it before it gets bad. I had to tear apart my entire nano, and manually remove all the bubbles. Then put it into my QT tank, and repeat the process a few times. Like mentioned above I take great care of my tank, and the stuff still grew like crazy.

Ronny#66
05/01/2008, 05:37 PM
I'm not going to tear the tank apart. Took a tear to get what I got . LFS as usual told me the emerals would take care of it. I'm wondering how ling it taks till customers get sick of the BS advise most of these rip off stores shovel out and stop going and put them out of buisness!!