PDA

View Full Version : MY clarkii clown is starting to tick me off.

3fins
05/01/2008, 04:24 PM
Hey guys, i have a clarkii clown and i just recently got a sebae anemone for both my clarkiis. But the larger one (female) is EXTREMELY aggressive:furious: Just a day or two ago, she tried to jump up and bite my hand, but missed and flew all the way down to the ground, about 4 feet. She bites my hand, which doesn't hurt but scares the ***** out of me. IS there something i can do so she wont bite my hand, or make her less aggressive? lol this is great ^^^^ a fish rofl ..
but any help would be appreciated :rollface:

MrRoo
05/01/2008, 04:45 PM
Do what capn did, PUT IT IN YOUR SUMP! lol

3fins
05/01/2008, 06:31 PM
well what is the point of that lol...anyone else?

Arati
05/01/2008, 06:57 PM
Clarkii are just jerks. I would do what capn did , put it in the sump to punish it for a week or 2.

AquaReeferMan
05/01/2008, 06:57 PM
Dont stick your hand in the tank anymore. Seriously though, its either that or get rid of the clown. Most clowns will eventually do this. I will agree, while it doesnt hurt, it sure scares me too.

heap
05/01/2008, 07:25 PM
i don't think there are fishy qualudes.

i have small black oc that is a raving lunatic...i hand feed all the clowns, but this one perpetually attacked the fingers that fed him when they entered the tank. every. single. feeding.

i got in the habit of holding the pinch of food i was going to put in the tank in front of the glass for a few seconds for him to give the stink eye to...he'd dart at the glass, and then go back about his business. seemed to mellow him out a bit. he'll still try to nip the fingers, but a lot less frequently.

the other clowns that are hand fed are all about as mellow as could be...i think my clarkiis and maroons would roll over for a belly rub if they thought it would get them more food. if you aren't hand feeding, it might make them less leery of the giant hand that enters their tank occasionally if you give it a try. it might just lead to you getting nipped every day, too, tho.

petoonia
05/01/2008, 11:02 PM
You could always try wearing some type of glove on your hand. I doubt she'll stop she has to protect her anemone.

littletruong
05/01/2008, 11:34 PM
i got three perculas and they all attack me when i try to feed my rbta. Its okay you get use to it. My cleaner shrimp likes to hop on and clean my hand as well lol. They scared me at first but i got use to it.

marie
05/02/2008, 01:57 AM
My female clarkii used to do that, much to my 10yr old daughters amusement. I stopped her by netting her every time she attacked me eventually she clued in and hasn't attacked me in years

3fins
05/02/2008, 06:09 AM
What kind of glove would u recommend?

Andythescientist
05/02/2008, 06:22 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12454212#post12454212 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by 3fins
What kind of glove would u recommend?

Latex or nitrile powder free examination gloves.. that's what i use, my little ocel (the male) goes for me all the time but i don't even notice if i have the gloves on.

EllieSuz
05/02/2008, 08:31 AM
I use the same kind of gloves; they don't restrict your sense of feel when you're working inside the tank. I use a rubber band leftover from buying asparagus or something on my wrist so the glove doesn't fill with water. My Osc doesn't bite, but the Cleaner Shrimp tickles my arm.

silvers
05/02/2008, 08:36 AM
Wait till your clowns get bigger I had a 3'' maroon that would bring blood.

3fins
05/02/2008, 11:56 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12454719#post12454719 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by silvers
Wait till your clowns get bigger I had a 3'' maroon that would bring blood.

Thanks...:smokin:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, i will use some latex..but still its not the fact that it hurts, but it scares the crap out of me. I dont want to no if he bites me ... I literally fling my hand out and some times i dont put it back in lol. Ill try the latex thing and see how it goes. Thanks guys for all the help . :D :rollface: