PDA

View Full Version : skimmer options for a 20long

Fishdude1984
05/02/2008, 04:02 AM
skimmer options for a 20long

whats a good skimmer for a 20long without a sump, I've been thinking Aqua C remora
Aqua C Nano
Tunze 9002
CPR bak-pak

is there any others to consider? and what would be the best? also this tank will be in my bedroom so as quite as possible is something i want

Reef-Ski
05/02/2008, 04:52 AM
I have the Tunze 9002, works great and it is very quiet.

Pandafish
05/02/2008, 06:36 PM
The Remora's profile is too high for a 20L IMO. The Nano is shorter you can't even see it behind our Orbit PC fixture.

I run the Aqua C Nano on my 20L. Great Skimmer. If you want quite then get some 100 micron poly fiber filter pad. fold it to double it. Then cut it to fit the chamber where the injector is mounted. Wet it and lay it over the injector. This will make any of the Urchins or Remoras wisper quiet. BTW My daughter has this 20L in her bedroom. The collector cup resinates slightly on the higher o-ring settings because of the space between the bottom of the cup and the injector (Grey Pipe). This pad kills that "noise".

The Nano Skims better at the higher end of the salinity scale. And I am over-driving with a Maxi 1200. I also have a six inch run of hose from the pump to the skimmer.