PDA

View Full Version : Swolen Ribs

1GoldClown
05/02/2008, 11:48 AM
Ok my GSM clown has very swolen chest area, right behind the pectoral fin. I just noticed this today and it scared the hoohoo out of me. Looks like it she preggo but in the chest, and this is the only clown in the tank so im aiming away from that. Water is good, acting very normal just looks like wierd. Pics avilable but not very well taken. Is this normal or bad? Also has anyone seen or heard this before?

magellan007
05/02/2008, 01:37 PM
sorry..never heard. hope she didn't get banged into something and that's swellling. =(

fish02
05/02/2008, 01:58 PM
Did it happen after a feeding?

I noticed that when I feed my clown floating flake she blows up like a balloon because she ingest air at the same time. I have since stopped feeding them flake food and now stick with slow sinking foods and Rod's Food.

I thought she was gonna die because she had a difficult time staying in her home. She ended up being fin though.

reefman13
05/02/2008, 03:42 PM
It actually could be an internal infection or parasite that causes this like bulging action in the belly that actually is not normally curable unless caught early enough. Let me see if I can find a link....

1GoldClown
05/03/2008, 03:38 PM
I did start feeding flake but I sprinkle the flake underwater in front of the return. I hope it is not an infection because I just got a GBTA and the reason for the purchase was to keep her happy!! Could BTA cause this problem??

1GoldClown
05/04/2008, 01:04 PM
False Alarm. It had to have been the flake food, but like I said I feed that underwater not sprinkle. She must have found some floating and went for it. Anyway thanks for the advice it kept me calm.