PDA

View Full Version : What is considered "Active"?

DylanE
05/03/2008, 01:04 PM
I was just thinking, so many people want Smithii's because they are so active and interactive, right? How much action is considered "active"? Because I currently have a G. Chiragra (suppose to be very unactive), and to break it down, I'd say that she spends about 60% of her time at the mouth of her cave moving stuff around, 25% out and about exploring, and 15% in her cave out view. Plus all i have to do is cram some krill in a shell and throw it in and she smells it and will come out flipping shells to find the good one... so anyways, how much more active is a "active" mantis?

illybang
05/03/2008, 10:28 PM
i don't know, but i hope my mantis comes out a bit more soon. i really wanna see it comfortable in the tank. i think i have the sneakiest, scared, and shy mantis alive because he's always in his cave. the slightest movement made by me will make him dart back into the cave's safety!

DylanE
05/03/2008, 10:52 PM
mine was like that for almost a month. She just recently got to the point where she comes out all the time and hardly ever hides.

illybang
05/03/2008, 11:22 PM
that's awesome. i hope it gets comfortable with me and swims around freely even with movement outside of the tank.

John7429
05/03/2008, 11:38 PM
My peacock always comes out of this rocks when I get near his tank