PDA

View Full Version : Fairy Wrasses?

Chibils
05/03/2008, 10:21 PM
Which of the following wrasses can be mixed with a McCosker's flasher? If I dropped the flasher, would there be any trouble between these others?

Solorensis
Lubbocki
Luteovittatus
Rubriventralis
Filamentosus
Scottorum

Of course, I won't put more than one or two in [my 90G], but I'd like to know which are good candidates. :)

snorvich
05/04/2008, 04:18 AM
None of these is inconsistent with McCosker's. The Scottorum is a very aggressive fish especially with other fairy wrasses. Remember that the blue group of fairy wrasses lose the most coloration without a female.

Chibils
05/04/2008, 09:14 AM
So luteovittatus, rubriventralis, and mccoskeri would coexist most likely? Would about luteovittatus, rubriventralis, and scottorum? I know it has a tendency to be aggressive, but would it handle two other fairies? Or would the fairies be able to handle themselves against the scottorum, I suppose?

JStorey
05/04/2008, 10:59 AM
I have a solar, filamented, exquisite, lubbocks, mystery, blue sided fairy and a melanarus together in a 300 gallon with no issues at all.

wrasseguy2
05/04/2008, 12:04 PM
if it were me i would pass on the luteovittatus they are one of the most aggressive fairys out there and would not take to the other fairys...the mccoskers would probally be ok with it but the fairys would probally be killed by it

snorvich
05/04/2008, 12:52 PM
Agree with above. But Scott's will be extremely aggressive as well. If you mix these aggressive fish, there will be winners and losers. Remember there is a big difference in a 300 g and a tank 1/3 that size in terms of territorialism.

Chibils
05/04/2008, 08:43 PM
Let's give it another shot:
scottorum
rubriventralis
solorensis? (most likely to be cut of the three.)

wrasseguy2
05/04/2008, 09:22 PM
you might have problems in that size tank with the slorensis and scotts due to that the are both a blue green color..and like snorvich posted keep in mind that the fairys that are blue in color tend to fade alot more without females

Chibils
05/05/2008, 08:25 PM
Will the Scott's fade out in all colors, or just the cooler colors? I just like the "rainbow" effect without the red/yellow that make up the other 90% of any wrasse's colors.

wrasseguy2
05/05/2008, 09:21 PM
scotts will fade bad i got some pics to show how bad they fade will post if it is ok chilbils