PDA

View Full Version : Post A Picture of What Your House Looks Like From The Outside At Night

MrRoo
05/04/2008, 01:45 AM
I'll go first. I hope the neighbors don't think I am growing something illegal!

http://www.upitall.com/Private/u/3/131/1717

Sorry for the picture, I have a crappy point and shoot which doesn't take nice pictures without the flash :p

Peter Eichler
05/04/2008, 02:18 AM
Haha, that's pretty funny. I've got my tanks in my basement and the room they're in has a glass block window. The loser boyfriend of one of my neighbors started asking my about hydroponics one night and I quickly made it clear to him that the glow was from an aquarium. Who knows what the little old lady thought it was... I've since butched my wife's old pilates mat to cover up the window to hopefully avoid any suspicion.

rjsilvers
05/04/2008, 03:41 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12466754#post12466754 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Peter Eichler
The loser boyfriend of one of my neighbors started asking my about hydroponics one night and I quickly made it clear to him that the glow was from an aquarium.

Haha. And here I thought I was the only one. My neighbor behind me asked me what I was growing in one of the bedrooms. I asked what he meant and he's like: Yeah, you always have different colored lights on in there 24 hours a day. I told him it was a fish tank and he's like "Suuuure, a fish tank, riiiiiight."

I ended up having to take him on a tour of the tank room. :rolleyes:

rfdoc
05/04/2008, 05:27 AM
LOL MrRoo! I thought I was the only one too, I just tell my neighbors its a poltergeist.

agreeive?fish
05/04/2008, 05:35 AM
I dont worry about the glow out my windows..the local cops know where all the drug houses are in town..heck thats where the local cops get thier supplies for thier week end parties..the chief of cops is married to the district attorney and the chiefs brother is the head of the detective division..we have the keystone cops here

captainobvious
05/04/2008, 10:05 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12466881#post12466881 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rfdoc
LOL MrRoo! I thought I was the only one too, I just tell my neighbors its a poltergeist.

LOL, thats too funny. Great response tough to their questioning :lol:

Playa-1
05/04/2008, 03:41 PM
I just open the shades every once in a while in case the nosey neighbors are worried about it :)

BeesGoneWild
05/04/2008, 05:14 PM
Hehe i live in a private community with our own security force. when i first moved into my new house the communities security paid me a visit with the state police one day after i set my tank up. So i showed them my tank and we got talking for about an hour on it. The whole time there cars where outside with lights on and the neihbors where looking out there windows wondering what was going on.

moral of short story....never live in a gated community, nieghbors have nothing better to do then look into other nieghbors windows.

DAKOOP
05/04/2008, 05:58 PM
More popular of a problem than I thought!!

JBuffetReefer
05/04/2008, 10:51 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12469777#post12469777 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by BeesGoneWild
Hehe i live in a private community with our own security force. when i first moved into my new house the communities security paid me a visit with the state police one day after i set my tank up. So i showed them my tank and we got talking for about an hour on it. The whole time there cars where outside with lights on and the neihbors where looking out there windows wondering what was going on.

moral of short story....never live in a gated community, nieghbors have nothing better to do then look into other nieghbors windows.

That's funny, my HOA only cares that my grass is neatly cut.

Aquarist007
05/04/2008, 10:59 PM
Its great like that--then nobody questions what you have growing in your garden around the back LOL