PDA

View Full Version : Breeding Mantis.

Guygettnby
05/05/2008, 05:41 AM
Well for the first time in my life i was privlidged to actualy see 2 of my mantis breeding yesterday. i have always had more then 1 mantis per tank and never had any problems, but they have always stayed away from each other to my knowledge.

i know i will not be able to breed them as i have tried this before and failed but it is still really cool to know that i have and active pair that is breeding:D

just figured i would share

illybang
05/05/2008, 01:43 PM
that is very cool. i'm surprised you've never had mantis shrimp fight each other as i thought they were pretty aggressive and territorial against one another.

John7429
05/05/2008, 11:51 PM
What species?

Guygettnby
05/06/2008, 11:03 AM
i have never had them fight or kill each other but i also have them in a 20g tank and they each have there own part of the tank that they stay in and never bother each other. i have heard of alot of other people having good success in keeping multiple mantis together in the same tank. some people arent as lucky though.

i have 3 N.Wennerea and 1 other i cant remember off hand in the same tank along with abunch of other hitch hikers and 2 damsels. they all live in harmony with each other. not too mention i love feeding this tank.... nothing ever has a chance to live past 5 min. wether it be the mantis or a crab or the mean *** damsels.... :)