PDA

View Full Version : bristleworms + nylons

btyboo
05/06/2008, 05:24 AM
I have a few bristle worms in my tank, which I want to get rid of. I've read that you can put krill in a nylon and put it on the bottom of the tank and the bristle worms will come out and try to get the krill, at the same time get tangled up in the nylon due to their bristles are hooked at the end. Then you just grab out the nylon and throw it away. Has anyone tried this and have it work? Do I use just a small piece of nylon? I think the whole thing would be to much. And I don't want my fish and critters getting tangled in it. And how long do I leave the nylon in, if they don't find it right away? Thank.

Growurown
05/06/2008, 05:57 AM
Most bristleworms are actually good for your system and the sandbed, I personally would not be concerned about them, they are part of the tanks natural cleanup crew

n2everythg
05/06/2008, 08:28 AM
dont know if that would work or not. sounds like it would.
but you cna send your bristle worms to me if you get them out :)
Like Grow said they are good for your tank... leave em.
n2

Tswifty
05/06/2008, 09:37 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12480193#post12480193 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Growurown
Most bristleworms are actually good for your system and the sandbed, I personally would not be concerned about them, they are part of the tanks natural cleanup crew
Agreed, unless they are large enough to cause harm to a fish I would not be concerned.