PDA

View Full Version : My 9010 still is overflowing out of the ozone hole????

spankey
05/06/2008, 10:11 AM
I ran the skimmer for a day submerged in vinegar and it still continues to overflow out of the ozone hole. It will skim for a day and then it stops producing bubbles and then overflows.....

What could be wrong. When I first got this skimmer it out produced any other skimmer I ever had but now it barely skims at all. My tank isn't spotless as I am now noticing my nitrates in the 20's and wonder if it's skimmer related?

Can anyone offer some assistance? I am stumped and don't want to get another type of skimmer as I love this tunze and its ease of use.

Thanks
Spankey.

rvitko
05/06/2008, 10:20 AM
The two most likely causes is the sponge is above the top of the pipe, it should be flush with the top of the pipe or slightly below. The other cause is the pipe elbow is pressed in to far, back it out just a hair.

spankey
05/06/2008, 10:47 AM
Thanks Roger, I don't use the sponge though. What depth should the pipe be in the hold? Like distance between the pipe and the skimmer?

Thanks

rvitko
05/06/2008, 10:50 AM
Just so long as it doesn't fall out it is OK, just back it out a mm or two and see if that does it. Keep me posted but I am sick with the flu and working short days so I may take a bit longer than normal to answer back.

spankey
05/06/2008, 12:11 PM
I will and hope you feel better.

Thanks for checking in on this.
Spankey

spankey
05/17/2008, 01:27 PM
Roger I haven't posted back to this as I did what you said and it worked for about a week. It seems the skimmer just stops producing bubbles. I unplug it and it produces bubbles for about an hour then overflows out of the ozone hole.

Today It did this again, instead of unplugging it I had to shake it and it starting bubbling again???? Could there be an issue with my pump? I ran it threw vinegar for a day in a bucket so I know its clean?

Thanks for your help.
Spankey.

Jar*Head
05/17/2008, 01:36 PM
Roger is on his way to Germany for the Interzoo. It may take him some time to reply back to your PM. I am not very familiar with the tunze skimmer sorry i couldn't help.

rvitko
05/19/2008, 03:30 AM
Is the venturi nozzle broken? I would search the Tunze website for 3130.13 and compare this to yours. My guess is the barrel (nozzle) is broken or came unglued so you get a higher flow of water and no air.

spankey
05/24/2008, 04:55 AM
Roger it checked the nozzle and it's intact? The thing about it is after a day or two it just goes flat. I have to tilt the skimmer left and right for it to produce bubbles again for another day or so and repeat?

Thanks for your input!
Sal

spankey
05/24/2008, 04:58 AM
One last thing? Is there an upgrade to the skimmer for the air intake system that I might need to purchase? Maybe something needs to be replace? Venturi screw or something like that? I did run the skimmer in a bucket as you suggested for a day with vinegar and it worked for about a day or so. Weird isn't it?

spankey
05/25/2008, 09:38 AM
Roger well I think I finally figured out what could be the culprit! I took the skimmer apart today to inspect it. It turns out that I noticed that the wall in front of the pump one side came un-glued or sealed. It moves back and forth as the other side is still attached. This appears to be attached to the body so I might need to order a new body. Ouch! What would that run?

Thanks
Sal.

spankey
05/25/2008, 04:47 PM
Roger all is well! I siliconed it back in place and it is running like a brand new skimmer again! The foam is crazy! I did notice since I have been having issues with the skimmer that my nitrates kinda spiked.:eek: :eek:

Before this I never had any nitrates so I am sure it will now be working overtime, but if anything can handle it a "TUNZE" can!!!!

Thanks for your help and knowledge on this issue. Again 100% customer service and satisfaction!!!!!

Sal.

rvitko
05/26/2008, 04:47 AM
Sal, we can get that fixed up better than silicon, if you could maybe email or post a picture of what is broken so I am clear on what you need we will get you fixed up.

spankey
06/27/2008, 02:27 PM
Roger I sent you a PM and I know this is a little late but the part I siliconed is the wall behind the exit tube and intake vents. This is the piece of plastic that the pump slides into. One side the weld on came off.

spankey
06/27/2008, 02:32 PM
Here is a photo I placed an arrow on. The right side behind the intake is what came loose or dis connected.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y87/spankeyt1473/9010100.jpg

Thanks
Sal :)

rvitko
06/27/2008, 03:29 PM
Sending a PM.

spankey
06/27/2008, 04:05 PM
Got it Roger! THANK YOU!

Top notch customer support! TUNZE all the way!