PDA

View Full Version : adding LR to existing system?!

K9Nurse911
05/07/2008, 10:32 AM
HI all...I am still new to the hobby, and have a few questions about LR...I have a 55gal saltwater tank that was originally cycled with a small amount of LR from the LFS (about 25#) and LS from a tank that was being broken down...my tank has been up and running for about 3 months now, and I have a few small fish / inverts in the tank (4 blue damsels, 2 small ocellaris clowns, a pink/blue spotted watchman goby 3 peppermint shrimp, 1 skunk cleaner shrimp, 2 condy anemones, 1 rock flower anemone, a few hermit crabs, and 1 nassarius snail that came with the sand)...I am obviously set on the fish / inverts of the tank (except maybe more snails / crabs later on) but I want to add more LR to the tank...I am looking at some really nice LR that has been in someone elses tank that has been up and running for about 6 months...these would be bigger pieces of LR than what I have now, and they have coraline algea and various mushrooms and polyps on them....Is it safe for me to add these pieces to my tank, or am I going to kill off my fish and anemones with a huge spike? What would you all suggest?

Thanks in advance...
- Andrea

stingythingy45
05/07/2008, 10:39 AM
You'll be fine,Andrea.
Just make sure this rock don't have pest anenomes.