PDA

View Full Version : Koralia pumps

rezarf
05/08/2008, 10:28 PM
Are koralia pumps any good? I need to beef up the flow in my tank for SPS and I want to have some wavemaker type of setup but tunze and vortech are so expensive.

Im looking at the koralia controlable powerheads with the wavemaker but i dont know if these pumps are good or not.

Tryn to reef on a budget is hard but I have to draw the line after dropping 1500 on upgrading my lights . . . .

anyone use these pumps? Any info will be appreciated

eddnyster
05/09/2008, 12:05 AM
well, I used my Koralia#3 for about 2 months and it might be my buffness or superman strength but they're pretty fragile but work awesome.

I would personally get the MaxiJet 1200 and purchase the "sureflow" mod they sell for an additional $12.00 and have one hell of a powerful powerhead. Low watts incredible flow at a really cheap price.

918ReefCpl
05/09/2008, 09:55 PM
Been using 2 - K4's and 1- K3 for almost a year....used the flow director cone on them and they work pretty well...Without the director cone, noticed that the flow is significantly wider pattern but with the director it feels less intense (?)...just make sure you use the metal shaft ones as the older ceramics had a tendancy to "gum up" and to an extent so do the newer models...also the 1st editions had electrical issues on the K3 & K4's that have since been resolved..if you have an older model, Koralia USA will ask u for the serial # to verify if it is one of those models and have been replacing them for free... We even got 2 director kits from them for free (older pumps w/o director)..GREAT customer service!!!

eddnyster
05/09/2008, 10:00 PM
Yeah it's those little issues that makes me look elsewhere and look at the MaxiJets. Sorry but I'd rather buy a pump, use it and NEVER have to contact or send the pump back to manufacturer.

Aquarist007
05/09/2008, 10:03 PM
here is a lot more information on them

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1359857

phish guy
05/12/2008, 10:15 PM
i have a#3 and #1, been doin great for me. i really like the wide flow they produce.