PDA

View Full Version : Octopus DNW missing pieces

Kenfuzed
05/09/2008, 04:58 PM
I finally received the missing pieces (feed barb and bushing) from CoralVue and still have no clue how this is supposed to fit. Anyone buy one of these skimmers recently who can tell me how these pieces fit? I was sent a dark gray bushing that is held onto the feed inlet with a ring (similar to a union), and also a light gray barb fitting that slides into the bushing. Unfortunately there is no way for that bushing to hold the barb fitting in. Am I supposed to glue these together???

Nice skimmer, but there was no instructions on how anything fits together. :rolleye1:

jasonfrey
05/10/2008, 08:52 AM
Hi,

Sorry about the problems. If you don't get any other people posting, drop us an email at sales@premiumaquatics.com and i'll forward it over to Scott. He just installed a DNW150 on our office test tank, so should be able to figure out those fittings for you.

Kenfuzed
05/11/2008, 12:47 AM
Nope, never heard back from them I'd be interested in hearing more from Scott about the setup of the DNW-150, what size feed pump was used, and how its running.

fareforce
05/11/2008, 10:08 AM
Yes it gets glues in place with PVC glue. They made it so you can easily hard, or soft plum the feed line to the skimmer.

fareforce
05/11/2008, 10:10 AM
Forgot to add. Because it is sch80 you need a hot PVC glue. I personally like Christy's Red Hot. You can pick it up a small bottle of it that has a brush at Lowes for a few dollars.

Kenfuzed
05/12/2008, 12:18 AM
Thanks, I'll do that. I wasn't sure about the glue since the barb seemed like a different material than the bushing, but maybe it is just that the bushing is polished and the barb is not.

Now if I can find a gate valve in metric I'd be a happy guy. The angle-cut adjustment tube is a pain to accurately adjust and I'm concerned about trying to mate a standard valve to a metric pipe externally.