PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Wrasse Compatability

will16
05/10/2008, 07:36 PM
My LFS has a very nice Mystery Wrasse. A little small... maybe 3-4 inches but very nice. I currently have a Lighting Wrasse, a Radiant Wrasse, a Yellow Wrasse and a Filamented Flasher Wrasse in a 90gal. Asked a few guys at the LFS, some said that the Mystery would probably kill all my wrasses, some said that it might be ok? Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Will

snorvich
05/10/2008, 07:42 PM
Well, it may not get along well with your other wrasses or vice versa. I would bet on the mystery wrasse being the winner though.

bradleyj
05/10/2008, 09:54 PM
My mystery wrasse was the first wrasse in my tank. I now have around 25 different wrasses all together and the mystery just swims by as if he was the only one in the tank. He checks them out at first, tells them who's boss, and then that's that.

maui-reefer
05/13/2008, 07:33 PM
Will16:

I have a Mystery Wrasse and HAD a Super Male Fairy Wrasse that went carpet surfing. The Mystery Wrasse was the first in my tank and chased the Fairy in my 140 tank anytime they were within a 12" of each other. The Mystery Wrasse did not take any chunks of flesh or nip any fins but did stressed the other wrasse despite that the fairy wrasse was larger. I would put the Mystery Wrasse in last or place in the tank at the same time as any other wrasses you wish to have. I would consider the Mystery Wrasse as Semi-Peaceful but not Peaceful.

chillman
05/13/2008, 10:24 PM
It is hit or miss but some can be pretty aggressive and harass/chase other wrasses in the tank.

buzzbombtom
05/14/2008, 12:50 AM
tell them to put that fish in with some other wrasses at the store see if he goes for them then you will know. also see if he goes for shrimp or carbs. another concern with these guys

will16
05/14/2008, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the replies. I think I am going to pass on it. It is a beautiful fish but I don't think I want to risk introducing chaos to my tank. Finally have things pretty settled.

Thanks again for the input,
Will