PDA

View Full Version : Custom tank builders...anyone heard of aquarium illusions?

kalare
05/12/2008, 11:36 AM
I'm looking to get a small custom tank built and came across these people "Aquarium Illusions" who I believe uses "Concept Aquarium" to build their tanks. Anyone use or head of these people? I've recieved quotes from Miracles (who is quite expensive), Glass Cages (who had a decent price) and these guys (aquarium illusions) who came in just slightly above GC. I've tried to get a quote from AO, but haven't been successful as of yet, are they usually inline with Miracles as far as pricing?

Any other recommendations for places to get tanks built?

Thanks

kar93
05/12/2008, 11:40 AM
If AI came in above GC then why dont you order from GC which is known for good products? That way you get it cheaper and know you are getting a good tank and good service. Good luck!

kalare
05/12/2008, 11:56 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12523747#post12523747 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kar93
If AI came in above GC then why dont you order from GC which is known for good products? That way you get it cheaper and know you are getting a good tank and good service. Good luck!

Was that sarcastic? Either way, it's hit or miss with GC, who, around here, is known for bad service and not so good quality. Yes, they're cheap, about 300 dollars cheaper making Mircales 100% more expensive than GC, but I don't want to have to redo the silicone or deal with broken tanks and shipping them back. Some people are happy, the majority are not.

I still may chance them though since they're so much cheaper, but since Aquarium illusions came in only 50 bux more than GC, I wanted to see if anyone has ever heard of them.

Thanks

kar93
05/12/2008, 12:03 PM
Ive not heard much on here but on other forums I've heard they are great. I have seen AI mentioned a few times but cant really rememmber what was said.

sharuq1
05/12/2008, 07:03 PM
If it is the same AI that is located in Edmonton, AB, Canada, then yes I have heard of them. The aquariums they build are very nice. Possibly a bit pricey though.