PDA

View Full Version : Easy cure for noisy ASM skimmer

giantxtc
05/12/2008, 09:19 PM
Today I finally found a way to quiet the air intake for my ASM g1x skimmer.I took a piece of hard airline tubing,cut it about 18" long,and added about 24" of flexable airline tubing to that.I then pushed the hard piece into the air intake tube on the skimmer.It got rid of the gurggling sound all together.I tried to make a muffler before with no solution.Just thought I would share my fix since I have seen a few other posts here about the same thing.

vanillagorila
05/13/2008, 03:36 AM
if you added that much airline to the air intake aren't you just choking down the air intake? I've heard of people taking a old pill bottle and drilling one hole on each side of it and stuffing cotton inside. thats supposed quiet it down pretty good.

giantxtc
05/13/2008, 06:52 AM
I thought the same thing,but so far it seems to be working.I guess maybe I should have ran it for a bit this way before posting it as a true fix.I tried the pill bottle thing too,but that seemed to choke it out too.Another thing I noticed is sound from the impeller cover resonates through the intake also.