PDA

View Full Version : RODI add on setup ?'s

kau_cinta_ku
05/13/2008, 04:26 PM
well to make things short, I have been using the purelyh2o optima pro unit for 2 years now and love it. well it was again time for me to change out my filters, and so I thought it would also be a good time to upgrade a little. but now I may be confused on how to hook up my lines due to the new stuff. as you may know, my rodi unit goes like this, water into carbon, then to sediment, then to membrane, and finally to the DI, and then comes out.

with my new filters from bulkreef supply I ended up getting:

1- 5 micron carbon
1- .6 micron carbon
1- 1 micron sediment
1- dual TDS inline meter
and the dual DI add on kit.

so any new help in which filters go where, and also on how to rerun all my lines would be great.

kau_cinta_ku
05/13/2008, 04:50 PM
i guess I should clarify my filters a little better as I was wrong.

1 Micron Purtrex Depth Sediment filter

1-MATRIKX + CTO®/2 Carbon Block

1-MATRIKX® +1 Carbon Block

kau_cinta_ku
05/13/2008, 05:44 PM
well, I think I figured it out using these (http://www.thefilterguys.biz/five_stage_ro-di_system.htm) instructions.

so now it goes.
stage 1 - 1 Micron Purtrex Depth Sediment filter
stage 2 - MATRIKX + CTO®/2 Carbon Block
stage 3 - MATRIKX® +1 Carbon Block
RO membrane 75 GPD Dow Filmtec
stage 5 - DI
stage 6 - second DI

hope that is correct. :)

mbbuna
05/13/2008, 06:57 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12533211#post12533211 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kau_cinta_ku
well, I think I figured it out using these (http://www.thefilterguys.biz/five_stage_ro-di_system.htm) instructions.

so now it goes.
stage 1 - 1 Micron Purtrex Depth Sediment filter
stage 2 - MATRIKX + CTO®/2 Carbon Block
stage 3 - MATRIKX® +1 Carbon Block
RO membrane 75 GPD Dow Filmtec
stage 5 - DI
stage 6 - second DI

hope that is correct. :)

that looks right to me as long as the larger micron carbon block is in front of the smaller one. but if it were me i would use two of the .6 micron blocks

kau_cinta_ku
05/13/2008, 07:15 PM
I will remember to order 2 of the .6 micron carbon blocks for my next order, as I may have to get a new membrane also. my TDS going in is 423ppm comming out of RO is 41ppm and out of DI is still 0 but I would like my TDS out of the RO down to below 10ppm. the pressure is 65psi. as for the temp of the water I couldn't tell ya. it is whatever my cold water supply is lol.

thanks for the help and idea though.