PDA

View Full Version : 135 closed loop ?

gobiefish
05/14/2008, 03:52 AM
I will be seting up my new 135 gallon tank here in a couple of weeks , and was planing on doing a closed loop system as well ,I only have 4 holes to work with on dual overflows and would like to use them on the sump refugium. So my question is can anyone tell me what the best way to setup the closed loop would be , I will be useing a snapper external pump 2500 gph, my questions are what size of pipe should i use , how many points of flow can i have , and were would they be the most efective to eliminate powerheads in the main display. Any suggestions or pics would be great.

thanks,
Mark J.

SMOOTHIE
05/14/2008, 01:54 PM
I am doing a loop on mine and have gotten alot of good ideas from here. My friend has a 180 that is drilled for overflows and returns, but not th CL just like yours. He put the pvc and screens over the back and ran them to the pump with vinyl tubing (be better to use flex pvc) and has the return done the same to the loop. Basically just 2 squared off, long pvc U's on the back.
Alot of people on here can help you out on here if you have any questions about pipe size for the loop and loc-line sizes for flow.
Hope any of this helps.

gobiefish
05/14/2008, 04:18 PM
Cool thanks for the information. any idea on how many returns i can have if i were to split them? or were to place them in the tank, say two on the bottom and 4 somewere on the top blowing down, or would this be to many?