PDA

View Full Version : Bubble on eye

McNeal
05/14/2008, 04:43 PM
I can home to find my foxface has a bubble on one eye. He is for sure 3 years old maybe older he can with the tank and i am not sure how long the other people had him. this tank is set up at my house a little over 3 years. The water leavels are great, I have not changed his food. No one picks on him he rules the tank most of the time. Could this be that he has gotten hurt or could it be something wrong. I do not have pic. so i can not show you, but if you could need help.:confused:

McNeal
05/15/2008, 07:48 AM
can anyone tell me where I may find the thread on pop eye, he is still eating good and act fine, but I would like to see what I can do for him.

Jerry W
05/15/2008, 08:50 PM
Sounds like it may have been an abrasion. Eye trauma is a big cause of this condition. A bacterial infection can also be suspect. If the water conditions are good, it may clear up on it's own. If the condition, persists, you can try a treatment of antibiotics. Do you have a quarantine tank?

McNeal
05/16/2008, 10:12 AM
No I do not have a quarantine tank, I do have a 10 gal tank that I could set up as one. Could I use water from my main tank to set it up and if so what do I use to treat him with?