PDA

View Full Version : calcium reactor / co2 tank

Lionel
05/14/2008, 09:01 PM
I'm planning out a new system, and was wondering if anyone knew where co2 tanks could be filled on the island? do any of you run a calcium reactor here?

Thanks

Lionel

jansenwrasse
05/14/2008, 09:51 PM
Find the company that delivers the Coke or Pepsi products to the base. They will have it for the large dispensers in the mess.

Good luck ;)

Lionel
05/15/2008, 12:08 AM
I didnt even think of the soda machines. Thanks for the tip. I was thinking of fire extinguishers maybe, but I dont think they fill them on base at all, i think they come from the states precharged.

I will look into the drink machine stuff, anyone else have any insight about where to find the stuff on the island?

Sango-chu
06/11/2008, 06:44 PM
I tried the Coke people. If you don't sell their soda, yuou're not getting a bottle. I had an old connection that was a club manager and he would let me "hold" a full bottle and then I would return it once enmpty and get another from him. Coke didn't charge them for the CO2 casue they sold the soda. He left the island and I am bback to square one.

Want to do it the legit way so I already recommend in the other site Lionel to contact megumi-san at PetBox to get the name of the company that they get their Oz from...these are the same companies that provide Fod grade CO2, acethylene, and O2 to businesses and medical offices on Island.

Conky
06/11/2008, 06:52 PM
Maybe try some paintball places...I'm sure that's caught on in Japan. Quality might be low...although if CO2 supply is that bad in Japan, maybe everything available is medical grade. Medical supply and computer-chip mfg. would be my only other thoughts.

Lionel
06/11/2008, 08:45 PM
paintball CO2 is a bad idea, as it is usually not oil free, like food or medical grade would be.

james37128
10/22/2008, 10:45 AM
curious if anyone found a solution?

Sango-chu
10/22/2008, 04:36 PM
You're up in Tokyo and maybe able to go to a doctor/dentist ofice and ask them for the mnumber of the people tat supply them. I (with my Japanese speaking wife of course, went to pet stores and asked them for the number of the guys that provided their gas for them. Called the compnay as was told that 10,000 yen deposit for the bottle and 5,000 yen refills was all it took to get a tall tank of CO2...worth a try in my opnion. I am in the process of completint my 275 gallon tank set p and will have to eventually do this...for now I still have a 15 pound green coke tank that hasn't been used, but once that runs out, I will start this program. Will keep you posted though I bet you can make it happen before I do...good luck.

frostbcc
10/29/2008, 05:18 AM
Guys I might know where to get CO2 from on the island. I have a phone number and a name of the place but I seem to misplace the paper. I will post tomorrow afternoon with the phone number and name. This place is close to Kadena pass the Kadena rotary going towards gate#3. It's close by a new restaurant that was build not to long ago. I think its frequented by tourist and they can see over on Kadena from that restaurant. Like I said I will email you the info tomorrow.

frostbcc
10/29/2008, 06:30 PM
Here is the phone number to that place I was telling you all about, its 098-956-2040. It is open from 0800-1700 weekdays only. The name of the company is Okano, but it is written in Katakana - ƒIƒJƒm. So look for this sign to find the store. They don't speak any english so brush up on your japanese.@They sell and rent the tanks as well. I hope now those of you who wants to use a calcium reactor can with this information. Take care and good reefing.

frostbcc
10/29/2008, 06:34 PM
crap the kanji did not come out..sorry all. Just try and find the place and take someone who can read japanese.

james37128
11/18/2008, 07:11 AM
Well I found a source for co2 bottles a liquor store, 5000 deposit and 2900 to fill it up. BUT, US regulators will not fit. The threads or different, and now I can't find a regulator in japan that has 2 gauges and is not the cheapo (not in costs but build). Anybody solve this one yet?

Sango-chu
11/19/2008, 05:36 PM
You might be able to order a converter bushing/fitting like this
http://www.electrical-brass-components.com/a/thread_converters_adapters_plugs/thread_converters_adapters_plugs/thread_converter_adapter_plug1.htm . I found it at this link
http://www.electrical-brass-components.com/a/thread_converters_adapters_plugs/thread_converters_adapters_plugs/thread_converter_adapter_plug1.htm

Hope this helps and good luck.