PDA

View Full Version : Lemonpeel angelfish is it not a good idea for a reef with corals?

basssnake
05/16/2008, 03:42 AM
I bought a used tank last night and i am not setting the tank back up, i am going to place the live rock in other tanks. It came with a lemonpeel angelfish, and i want to know if they will almost certainly eat or nip at corals? I read they do, but would like to know what real aquarists have experienced. Please give any comments. I need to figure out where to place him in my seven tanks, which i have corals in four, and two tanks are to aggressive for him to be in. Advise.......thanks

Toddrtrex
05/16/2008, 04:31 AM
I had two over the years, and besides a bi-color it was the worst coral nipper I have ever had. (( corals in my case being zoas and SPS ))

NickP123
05/16/2008, 07:33 AM
I've had one for 3-4 years I forget exactly how long at this point but I never had a problem with it attacking any of my corals. I had mostly lps and softies but I never had any problems. sometimes you just have to try and see what happens. regardless of the species no 2 fish are the same

Reef'in Colorado
05/16/2008, 07:37 AM
I've got a lemonpeel in my FOWLR, but have never had one in my reef. I'd imagine they're like any other centropyge...hit and miss with corals.

skeeter-doc
05/16/2008, 08:40 AM
I think lemonpeels are one of the more problem causing angels of reef tanks, I would pass either on the fish or at least putting corals in with it.