PDA

View Full Version : emergency!!

billford
05/18/2008, 06:07 AM
im posting this in new to the hobby also.i woke up and my main pump wasnt working .tried to take it apart and broke the ceramic shaft.i have a dsb in the dt not the sump.pointed up the powerheads,added the heaters from the sump,and put in an airstone and put the cheato in the tank.how long do think it can stay setup like this.hours,days weeks ,months?my main problem is that i may have a problem finding a pump strong enough to lift water from the basement at home depot.i may have to wait for drs.fosters and smith to save the day.

t11t5
05/18/2008, 06:12 AM
If you have to wait to long do a water change. Keep checking the levels and adjust accordingly.

psteeleb
05/18/2008, 06:13 AM
sounds like you covered all the basics. As long as you have biological filtration and good water flow for air exchange you should be good indefinitly. The biological filtration and air exchange should keep care of your chemical parameters; the heaters your temp. The only thing I can think of right off, is you may end up with a little more PH swing if you ran a light on your cheato at night.

billford
05/18/2008, 06:25 AM
thanks guys i feel much better.

ej797
05/18/2008, 06:40 AM
I wouldn't use a pump from home depot. You may compound your minor problem to a complete tank crash if there happens to be one copper fitting inside the pump.