PDA

View Full Version : Pair of saddlebacks now fighting

falco
05/18/2008, 11:34 AM
I have had a mated pair of B&W saddleback clowns hosting an RBTA for 6-8 months. 2 weeks ago I purchased a haddoni carpet anemone. The female noticed it right away and dove in. The male stood with the RBTA. Now, the male is trying to host the haddoni as well, but the female just chases him away. My questions is- if they were paired in the RBTA, why will she not allow him into the haddoni?

NyteReefer
05/18/2008, 12:01 PM
Possibly because she's having an affair with the Haddoni and just left the other saddleback?:bum:

Good Luck though lol.

elegance coral
05/18/2008, 02:56 PM
I just purchased 3 very large saddle back clowns. They were in the same small tank at the LFS, and getting along fine. They would even rub up against each other at times. No posturing, no clicking, no shaking. I got them home and introduced them to the Haddoni, and all @$#%^ broke out. I had to break up the trio. I think they just get a little possessive when their natural host is added to the environment. In your case I think she will eventually let him back in. It will probably just take some time.

falco
05/18/2008, 04:39 PM
I'm sure that they are just having a lovers quarrel. I think it is odd though that up until 2 weeks ago they were living happily together in the RBTA. Now she has become extremely aggressive.

Haddonisreef
05/18/2008, 09:35 PM
I went threw the same thing when added my Blue haddoni and the female got real mean. From what i have read about the Polyenmus(sp) is that the female is aggressive to make sure he dont hermaphrodite! All will be well in a few days are you planning on keeping the bta in the tank? I had kep them together till decided to to w/ more sps so the bta had to go the there own tank!

Gary Majchrzak
05/19/2008, 05:33 PM
falco- B&W saddlebacks are notorious for not getting along. Were yours spawning?

falco
05/20/2008, 04:06 AM
Gary- Yes they are a spawning. For a while they were pretty consistent.

They are now getting along again. I figured it would just be a matter of time.

Gary Majchrzak
05/20/2008, 04:47 PM
congrats!
any pix? :bigeyes:

falco
05/21/2008, 01:54 PM
This was the best pic I could snap at the moment. The Haddoni made herself comfortable in a spot that is not real conducive to picture taking.
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll160/j-terranova/green-carpet.jpg