PDA

View Full Version : How to catch a CBS?

NanoReefWanabe
05/18/2008, 02:50 PM
i need to get my coral banded shrimp out of my display tank and into QT asap, i have been putting off Interceptor treatment and now i have almost lost my bali tri-colour from the little RB turds...

i have picked all my bluelegs.. and am having a bit of trouble getting my emerald crab and CBS out...

is there a trap big enough to catch a 3" long shrimp? i would prefer a homemade job...since i just spent a butt load setting up the QT...

any help is appreciated..thanx

Tennyson
05/18/2008, 03:02 PM
I don't think there is any trap for coral banded shrimp, but you could probably get a clear plastic container and a net, and herd the shrimp into the container. or lure it into the container with food and quickly remove the container when it goes for it.

good luck.

NanoReefWanabe
05/19/2008, 07:19 AM
i am going to put a piece of krill in the fish net and see if he falls for it...he is pretty inquisitive and dumb...

regular chase and netting is not an option...far too much SPS to get snagged on eve with the smallest of nets...it is only a 20G tank with 30# of rock...

Guygettnby
05/19/2008, 12:44 PM
i get my shrimp out by baiting a net. first thing to do is put the net in your tank and walk away for an hour or so so they get used to the net being in the tank. then after you have waited put the bait in the net and wait for him to walk in. easiest way i have found to catch shrimp.