PDA

View Full Version : cpr sr3 biocube29 skimmer

Justinandkrista
05/18/2008, 09:33 PM
Do these work well right from the get go or do you need to tweak them or modifiy them much.

El Camaron
05/19/2008, 06:32 AM
like any other skimmer there is a break in period, during this period you will get lot and lots of micro bubbles but it will stop. Also during this time you will get used to seeing where the cup needs to be to skim better.

I have not cut, tweak or anything with it, the only thing i did is add a bit of egg crate to the bottom of that chamber to prop it up correctly due to it sitting slanted because of all the acrylic that was used on the tank. anyways, i love this skimmer, works great for me.

jkrentz2515
05/19/2008, 07:24 PM
Exactly what Camaron said. There are a ton of bubbles at the beginning but for they were almost all gone by about Day 5 or 6. I've noticed as time has gone on I have had to adjust my cup to not skim as wet. Where I have mine right now which is about halfway it wet skims about a full cup every 4-5 days.

El Camaron
05/19/2008, 07:39 PM
yeah it did skim wet at first but then i started adjusting the cup, now it sits at about an 1/8 of an inch in the water, seems to perform well at that level. The skimate is crazy nasty, i tend to clean the inside of the cup really good then put it back, it gets that dirty in about 4 to 5 days.