PDA

View Full Version : Live Rock

will_keown
05/20/2008, 12:41 PM
I have just bought about 40 pounds of live rock and it is at the end of it's curing period (3-4 weeks). How long does it take for the rocks to turn red or other colors. Or will it ever. I'm not sure if it is doing what it should be doing. I have about 20lbs of tonga and 20 pounds of Fuigi.

Jakesaw
05/20/2008, 01:48 PM
Piggybacking on your thread if you don't mind

Re: the curing process of your live rock - was there any foul smell coming from a curing tank.

I will likely be curing some rock I purchase online - in the near future. I will do the frequent water changes while it cures - I just have no experience with this live rock curing - and I don't know what to expect. Being that it's coming via mail - it won't be ready to go in a week or 2 I'm sure. I'm trying to decide where I will cure it - and I can cure it in the tank's final location ( it'd be a new tank ) - OR - I can cure it in the basement - or a very crowded garage where it probably wouldn't be very welcome.

lil gramps
05/20/2008, 01:59 PM
your live rock will grow purple coraline algae on it, but that may take a while.

Playa-1
05/20/2008, 02:32 PM
You'll likely see it starting to grow in a few months providing that you keep you water parameters inline.