PDA

View Full Version : Breaking down and starting over. A few questions

J.russell
05/20/2008, 03:15 PM
Well I think Im going to make the move this weekend and brak down my 125 in preperation for my new tank.

I planned on taking the rock and corals out and putting them in some rubbermaid tubs, putting a powerhead in each one and hanging the light over the tubs. How long would I be able to keep everything in the tubs?

Id like to do this Thursday night then move the new tank in friday and start getting it set up. Filled with tap water to test all the plumbing and empty it and add in RO/DI and mix in the salt and add the sand. Maybe even put in some of the LR also.

Then how long would I have to wait to add the corals and fish into the new tank?

I will be using a few cups of sand from my old tank and the LR is already fully cured. Im guessing there will still be a cycle in the new tank?

mbbuna
05/20/2008, 09:54 PM
the rock will be fine in a tub for a while. if you dont have any corals on the rock dont bother hanging a light. just keep water flowing in the tub and if it takes you longer then a week do a water change on the tub.

i would do water tests on the new tank for a week and see if you see any ammonia or nitrite, if you dont you can slowly start adding fish