PDA

View Full Version : RO/DI question please

Solitaryensis
05/20/2008, 07:32 PM
Not sure if this is the right forum but I have an older RO/DI unit that i would like to get up and running again. I would like to swap the membrane out and was wondering what stops people from swapping membranes out to a higher GPD? Could i change this to whatever i wanted (i know, nothing crazy but say 75GPD?). Also, any links to retailers and brands, types, what to look out for, etc would be greatly appreciated.

chad7531
05/20/2008, 07:35 PM
Check out thefilterguyz.biz they are awesome! Great products AND customer service.

ReefEnabler
05/20/2008, 09:30 PM
if you change the RO membrane to a different GPD, then the only other piece of equipment you need to change is the flow restrictor.

the flow restrictor is a piece on the waste side of the RO membrane that determines the waste to product ratio. capillary flow restrictors are the best.

check out spectrapure's website. I recommend their 98% guarenteed membranes. my 90gpd (90 is really a 75 for them), is taking 130ppm tap water all the way to 0ppm still after over 100 gallons, much better than the guarenteed 98% guarentee :)

Solitaryensis
05/20/2008, 09:52 PM
Ryan,
Cool, thanks. Thats what i was thinking. Ill probably pick that up. Thanks!